Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

OSU/Minnesota all-access broadcast is pretty cool.

1 Like

Minnesota :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

Zed key is backā€¦

Minnesota just hit a 3 from DEEEEEP

Is OSU going to lose to Minnesota at home?

1 Like

Yes and Iā€™m baffled

Minne wins

1 Like

Who told Holtmann it was February?

7 Likes

A week ago, Ohio State led 69-66 at home against Purdue and we were ready to proclaim them title contenders. Now they lost that, lost at Maryland lost at Minnesota and are 2-3 and the question is what do they have to do to make the NCAA Tournament.

3 Likes

The Big10 is garbage this year. A bunch of average teams. There isnā€™t a game Michigan canā€™t win. Problem is they can lose every game they play. Will need to get on a roll where they win 8 of 10. Isnā€™t likely but possible because the conference stinks

3 Likes

Itā€™s definitely lacking an upper tier, but I donā€™t know if garbage is the right word. The average teams are way better than leagues like the ACC or Pac 12.

3 Likes

Garbage probably wasnā€™t the right word. Anybody can beat anybody on any given night. You donā€™t have to bring your A game. Teams can win playing their C game. The conference lacks athleticism.

I donā€™t really think you can win playing your ā€œC gameā€ the gap between the league and the rest of the country is that I donā€™t think a lot of teams have the chops to hang with an elite team, maybe. But they are all good enough that if you play poorly you will lose.

The big difference is that thereā€™s not really a Big Ten basement and a lot of other good leagues (Big East, SEC) have a basement.

UGA, Vandy, South Carolina, LSU, Ole Miss are all teams in the in-between Nebraska and Minnesota range. Thatā€™s a lot more free squares than you get in the Big Ten.

1 Like

I would say that thereā€™s parity in the B1G this season. Maybe Purdue is cut above. Thatā€™s it. Makes for a roller coaster season. Everyone struggling for consistency.

1 Like

Dreadful stretch coming up for Ohio State with 5 of 7 on the road:

3 Likes

If February comes early for Holtmann, thatā€™s fine with me.

1 Like

This season, the answer to anyoneā€™s ā€œwhy canā€™t team x win the league?ā€ or ā€œwhy does team y stink so badly?ā€ type question is ā€œgive it a weekā€.

4 Likes

Yes! Last week we were all burying Illinois. Win tonight against MSU and suddenly they are the hot team. MSU loses tonight and at home against Purdue and suddenly, its ā€œwhats wrong with MSU?ā€

Problem with OSU is that schedule is rough and you just blew 2 at home (Purdue somewhat excuseable, Minnesota not). Plus Key being hurt, relying on freshman that will hit a wall/get figured out you could see how things could go sideways pretty quickly.

Key returned yesterday played 30 mins and had 10 and 8.

With a brace on his shoulder. Iā€™m guessing that shoulder could pop out at any time.