Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Rutgers and Indiana both drawing a bit closer

Peyton Sandfort was 4/28 in B10 play before today, he’s 4/6 from three today

1 Like

I think the league is just one jumbled mess of mediocrity. Outside of Minnesota of course. But these are still surprising results since they are both going on the road and doing this. I think despite every team basically being the same road wins are going to carry some serious weight

1 Like

Maryland with the early lead on OSU, 27-23. It’d be nice to see them get this one.

1 Like

Just turned it there to see Okpara pick up his third foul in the first half. This is why you autobench folks!!!

3 Likes

Agreed. In a way, “parity” is really a euphemism for “no team is especially great or especially bad” and outside of Minnesota, I think that fits the bill for the Big Ten. Plenty of winnable road games left in environments that are far more forgiving than the Breslin Center. If the boys show up to every game, they can really make some moves toward building a tournament resume.

2 Likes

Indiana’s defense has been shambolic these last two games.

1 Like

Let’s hope Sandfort gets all those makes out of his system.

2 Likes

Yeah I am floored that NW is putting up these kind of points @ IU.

2 Likes

Do you think that’s due to the injuries and needing time for the team to adjust? Or is there something about them that got exposed?

Injuries definitely have to play a big part. Race and Xavier are both vets that were plus defenders.

2 Likes

I was just going to say I think injuries are going to really tip the scales with the margins being so thin. Already seeing it with IU being down Johnson and Thompson, OSU without Key and battling foul trouble. We have discussed MSU being so thin and saw it yesterday if they have an injury they are in trouble.

Was he possibly waiting for Coach K’s retirement so he could take the Duke job? Of course then he couldn’t replicate that '17 season and the luster wore off.

2 Likes

Iowa mostly has only had 1 of what was assumed to be their two best players at any given time

So with Rutgers and OSU maybe going down, we’re essentially 2023 version of last years ACC?

12 teams at 12-8 or 11-9
Nebraska 6-14
Minnesota 1-19

2 Likes

In what sense?

One great team (Purdue) and a bunch of ok teams but only wind up with like 6 or 7 tourney teams

The Big Ten is a lot better metrics wise than the ACC was last year, I believe.

2 Likes

That’s a helpful sign. Impossible to know now but if you were to put an over under for tournament bids, what would you say?

Hard to say but probably an over/under of something like 8.5? It all depends on how the games play out and what individual resumes look like though.

1 Like