Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Epps is balling as expected

1 Like

… and they are up 3 at home against Wisconsin without Tyler Wahl…

1 Like

Hepburn throws in a long 3 w/37 seconds to go to cut the Illini lead to 10. Gard, of course, calls TO. Much needed win today for Illinois…

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen a college player with less athleticism (like the running/jumping/agility kind) be as successful as Cam Spencer

But he REALLY knows how to play offense - where to he, where others are, etc

:grimacing:

3 Likes

Never would have thought Northwestern’s patience with Chris Collins may have paid off.

2 Likes

HOW?? Character

TJD having an insane game… already has 8 points, 10 boards and 7 assists with 2:30 to play in the first half.

smh Wisconsin is going to win the league again

1 Like

Wisconsin beat Minnesota by 3 at home and lost at Illinois this week. Not exactly title contender stuff.

Yikes. Rough stop ball defense to finish half there.

yeah I know just watching Rutgers getting skunked at home by Iowa

Whoa. Did not realize that game was even happening. In the RAC no less…

1 Like

We’re really gonna wipe the Big Ten :yawning_face:

6 Likes

Is Murray a 3 or a 4 for Iowa? Jett versus Murray excites me for next Thursday!

1 Like

These wild early Big Ten season results just go to show the parity in the league this year. The tiers have mostly flattened, aside from basement-dwelling Minnesota. Any team can beat any other team, at any time and at any place. There are big opportunities yet to come for Michigan, if only they can put it all together. It will take a full team effort approach and some smarter lineups from the big guy, but it’s definitely do-able. Get out there and get it, fellas!

1 Like

If you’re Chris Collins and you manage to get NU back in the tournament, would you strike while the iron is hot and leave? He stayed put after 2017 and has a long, rough ride since.

How hot would the iron be, though? Two “good” years in a 6-7 year span isn’t very convincing to me. His best players are in their senior year, so maybe it’s a cyclical thing. He needs to prove he can do it year-in, year-out before the iron really heats up.

Good point. He probably wouldn’t be as hot a commodity this time around. In '17 he probably could have landed a high P5 job.

1 Like

Yeah, he had a lot more going for him after making the tourney. The let down afterward and failure to leverage that into better recruiting ultimately dropped his stock back down. I will say that he does get a lot out of the players he has and makes playing them a difficult slog, allowing his team to steal a few games they had no business being in. Whether he can put together a good team of competent players that play to a higher level system is another story.

2 Likes