Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Feel like Purdue is due for a solid bounce back

I can also see them losing at OSU and then at the Palestra against Penn St.

To Dylanā€™s point, this can tell us a lot about OSU and their contender status as well as Purdue being able to bounce back and not have to travel to avoid a 3rd straight loss on another quick turnaround.

3 Likes

Oh wow. Didnā€™t know about the Palestra game. I may have to make my wife very angry with me soon

Could see them losing at OSU but I like Purdue over Penn State. PSU just has no size, itā€™ll be a monster game for Edey.

is it today?

Yeah, tonight.

I think Ohio State will win. I am a big Zed Key fan

But why?

Characters: oh why are you a Zeb Key fan?

After last night, Iā€™m just not seeing how Illinois turns it around. Something seems really rotten over there and Iā€™m just not sure they figure it out, despite what their schedule might say.

That being said, if they go completely off the rails how much of a hot seat is it for Underwood? I donā€™t think they would can him (although his actions may dictate otherwise) this year but he would need some progress next year.

I think heā€™s a tremendous hooper

1 Like

All I know is that Iā€™m enjoying Michiganā€™s and Illinoisā€™ respective trajectories at the moment.

3 Likes

Those are not reasons sir. I am willing to be sold.

1 Like

a neutral could say the same about Michigan

zero percent chance of hot seat or firing. if Tang bounces at KSU and Brad isnā€™t feeling great he could go home, but otherwise heā€™s at Illinois until he retires

4 Likes

he is tremendously efficient. leads the B1G in FG% and eFG. voracious offensive rebounder. probably the teamā€™s best overall defender

I have not forgotten the CMU game exists, and I donā€™t think that teams with effort issues at the scale required to lose like that actually ever turn it around for good in a weekā€™s time. Michigan is winning during the time of year in which most people havenā€™t yet abandoned their New Yearā€™s resolutions, which is kind of an empty but amusing coincidence.

That said, Iā€™ll certainly allow myself to enjoy the wins this week and even suggest that Illinois is allowed to implode but not bad enough that our win there isnā€™t a Q1 win. The sooner they return to irrelevance the better.

8 Likes

KenPom projected W-L:

Iā€™ll take the OVER on:
Purdue
Michigan State
Illinois

Iā€™ll take the UNDER on:
Rutgers
Indiana
Northwestern

Everyone else either feels about right or could go either way.

I dunno, man - Rutgers has already beaten Purdue and tOSU on their home courts (although they only got credit for one of the wins). Itā€™s going to take some serious backsliding for them to piss that away.

1 Like

I would guess with RUtgers itā€™s just the idea that they arenā€™t the type of team to just put away a mid level team (ala a Michigan or PSU). In the midst of the OSU game and beating IU, they also lost at home to Seton Hall. So Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s @kcgā€™s thought process there but O/U 12.5 is tough

1 Like

A truly baffling month from Illinois. Started off with losing to Maryland on the road. OK. not bad. Beats Texas in a massive game. Then gets crushed by PSU at home. Easy buy game win. Gets crushed by Missouri. Easy buy game. Loses by 13 at NW.

Basically the opposite month that Michigan had

3 Likes

Feels worse when you type it out like this. Thatā€™s a bad month. Could not have a worse start to Big Ten play. Plus got crushed by your rival Missouri.

2 Likes