Big Ten Basketball 2021-22 Discussion

At Rutgers…

4 Likes

that is nice. they took some hits this offseason but I’m glad we are avoiding a 2016-esque Super Basement Rutgers. we have Minnesota for that

5 Likes

As the only top 10 player on Andy Katz’s list returning for another year, he will surely be top 5 this year, right?

13 Likes

I hadn’t even thought about that but how much of an indictment is it on your list when a guy from the top 10 returns for another season and now he is nowhere near said list?

7 Likes

Are Purdue fans actually super hyped for their freshmen this year? There’s like 15 minutes to play between the two of them.

2 Likes

The ones I’ve seen are. Caleb Furst is super underrated according to them. Theoretically Mason Gillis isn’t good enough to keep them both on the bench if they’re both really good

1 Like
1 Like

Rutgers roster is now officially okay.

3 Likes

8 to 12 wins, here we come!

14 Likes

Lol

4 Likes

I’m almost mad that Super Basement Minnesota won’t include lil’ Richie. He would have worn it well.

4 Likes

Yeah, but if he stayed, it would have been Super Bottom 1/3 Minnesota. I don’t think there would have been the same number of transfers out.

4 Likes

An aside: “Super (insert negative metaphor) Minnesota” should be part of the common vernacular. It’s gold. Much like “Damn, people think Brad Underwood is a (insert negative metaphor)” or “I think Illinois should hang a banner for (insert nearly anything)”

2 Likes

Verge will get buckets in Lincoln.

7 Likes

He can slide into the Teddy Allen role perfectly.

Illinois is stepping on rake after rake this offseason. Brutal

5 Likes

Been out of the forum a while so idk if this has been shared.

23 Likes

To follow up on this, the return of Baker bumped Rutgers from 90-something to #56, which is #9 in the Big Ten. But one of the teams above is Northwestern, so let’s just go ahead and slide them down and now my having Rutgers at #8 in the conference isn’t too crazy.

Torvik:

1. Michigan (3)
  2. Ohio State (5)
  3. Purdue (6)
  4. Maryland (17)
  5. Michigan State (20)
  6. Illinois (25)
  7. Indiana (30)
  8. Northwestern (38)
  9. Rutgers (56)
  10. Wisconsin (57)
  11. Iowa (62)
  12. Penn State (73)
  13. Nebraska (79)
  14. Minnesota (128)

Only Northwestern seems immediately wrong from this.

2 Likes

OSU at #5 nationally stands out to me. #2 offense minus their lead guard and a leap from #80 to #40 on defense minus their three best backcourt defenders. Doesn’t add up

13 Likes

Adding Verge puts Nebraska at 66.

Ultimately I’d say the there are 7 teams that expect to make the tournament this year, then the Iowa, Rutgers, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Northwestern group could if things go well for them.

Maryland is the B1G team I’m selling. I don’t like their team at all. I think they end up near the bubble

1 Like