Big Ten Basketball 2021-22 Discussion

Why in the world is Kofi staying even a thing?

Get him the f outta here.

2 Likes

I know nothing about this guy, but these numbers are not promising when you factor the move from a terrible Horizon League team to the Big Ten.

Wisconsin guys are spinning it as he was really good for the last 5 games

I don’t buy it as second in the country but I buy it as best in conference

2 Likes

i mean, where would he go?

Last year around this time I was deleting guys like Frazier and Kofi from the Illinois RosterCast and giggling at their projection in the 90s. I’m not making that mistake again.

Clark | Epps
Melendez | Harris
Shannon | Rodgers
Hawkins | Goode
Cockburn | Hawkins

That is disgusting. Could be a 2013-14 type season in the B1G with a three-game margin for the champs.

2 Likes

#narrative

1 Like

I was saying this to a friend the other day but my current problem is that I love everything about Illinois but I hate everything about Illinois.

Like Skyy Clark seems awesome, loved Ayo, loved Good Curbelo, loved Bad Curbelo. Like their uniforms, like the arena, Brad Underwood legitimately did offer to kiss my shoes.

But then I remember their fan base is the worst and I’m morally obligated to hate them with every fiber of my being.

It’s a tough conundrum. I feel way less bad falling in love with random Iowa teams every year.

9 Likes

Love Melendez. He will surprise in that lineup. Ok it’s cocktail hour in Dc but not totally unserious.

2 Likes

Buckets is on a huge roll having recently asked the unthinkable — are we better w/o Moussa? — and now the profane. Mad props.

3 Likes

just spoke to an Illinois insider who says the current expectation in the program is Kofi returns and they add both Shannon and Courtney Ramey

With that sparkling 130 ORTG on 20% Usage, we might as well anoint Melendez as the Wooden winner, the KPPOY, the #1 draft pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, and the Grammy winner for best jazz album next year already.

1 Like

Such a fascinating projection. Just took what he did last year in extremely limited minutes and assumed if you triple his playing time it will stay the same. Rodgers and Clark’s projections seem best case scenario as well

3 Likes

It’s amazing how confident they constantly are that they will get every player they want. What happened to Brandon Murray?

2 Likes

Heh, and Jahcobi Neath had a few good games his freshman year at Wake.

1 Like

LOL at Melendez maintaining his ORtg while tripling this minutes. I’m sure he’ll still shoot 60% from 3!

1 Like

I’ve been told from a Horizon league guy that he sucks

1 Like

You like their arena? I’ve never been there but on TV it seems really gloomy, like the old Kingdome in Seattle.

1 Like

Never reclass up to go to college (unless you’re already a year older than normal).

6 Likes