Big Ten Basketball 2021-22 Discussion

Lots of B1G finalists in here

1 Like

Penn St lands 2 transfers

1 Like

I liked Wynter at Drexel. Funk looks like a meh Patriot League player who happened to mildly pop as a senior.

2 Likes

Minnesota is going after the B1G retreads. Probably not the worst idea in their spot.

2 Likes

Northern Kentucky could definitely use him if Malaki Branham stays in the draft.

2 Likes

Race Thompson announces he is back for IU. Indiana boards saying this means TJD will also be back but Jordan Geronimo might be gone.

Isn’t that kind of a poor outcome for IU? The TJD-Race starting frontcourt has a really low ceiling. They were a Michigan meltdown away from missing the play-in entirely and it seems like they’re just going to run it back minus their young prospects like Lander, Stewart, and Geronimo. It’s not often you think of a college roster as too old and stale but I think that’s a risk here.

1 Like

They have a top 25 freshman coming in. What’s their scholarship situation like if both those guys are back? Do they have room for other transfers?

1 Like

As long as I didn’t miss anything, they have 1 spot and a guy or two they could process:

3 Likes

I think they have one or two spots

1 Like

I think that front court is plenty good enough. The back court is what needs a major upgrade

2 Likes

Being “good” in the league next year is gonna be very different from being “good” this past year. If they get TJD back and the Johnson off-court stuff resolves they can contend for a league title

2 Likes

This is a great point. I do agree with above of the whole TJD/Race thing being stale, but with how the league is looking, you add a touted frosh, keep Johnson’s head on straight this could be a league contender at that point.

If thats the case, becomes an important year for Woodson. Indiana always has unrealistic expectations, and that would become moreso with a veteran roster. He has some goodwill from making the tournament this year, but he is one shot from Phinasee away from not making the tournament, still not beating Purdue and having a disappointing first year.

1 Like

If Indiana wins the conference centered around TJD while Hunter Dickinson and Kofi Cockburn and Zach Edey are still in it, I’ll be shocked.

4 Likes

I sort of think Trayce is a garbageman who mostly doesn’t play well in competitive games.

But I will acknowledge that’s perhaps a bit hot.

I agreed with this take until our game against them in the BTT.

3 Likes

Yeah i gained a new found respect for TJD after the BTT. He finally lived up to his billing, played his heart out.

Still don’t think he’s too scary a player to play against, feels like it’s not too hard to neutralize his offense.

That Indiana team woke up that day, yes. But a few days in Indy is not enough to overcome the volume of times I’ve seen it pecefully accept its fate and sleepwalk toward it.

Another Spencer brother in the Big Ten? This one didn’t waste his time being the best lacrosse player in the country.

1 Like

So who is msu after in the portal? Just biding their time for the last wave?

2 Likes

Legitimately nobody but Bridges. Latest buzz is that Izzo thinks they don’t need a center (L O L)

3 Likes