Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Is Jalen Pickett the best player in the Big Ten? :rofl:

5 Likes

Me: How is Penn State going to compensate for the loss of John Harrar’s offensive rebounding?

Penn State: We’re just gonna not miss shots.

8 Likes

Anyone got a odds check on Pickett for BIG player of the year?

he might be the best guard

I mean, who are the leading candidates for that honor? He’s definitely in the mix especially if you are talking PGs.

1 Like

Looks like I may have been a year too early on Penn St. (i know, SSS)

I wasn’t passionate he’d be good, but dang he’s doing more than just looking the part now!

Any other true surprises in the conference yet? Dare I say Kobe is top 3 on the list?

1 Like

Biggest surprise is that RJ Melendez isn’t a NPOY candidate

6 Likes
  1. Shannon (if he counts as a G)
  2. Pickett
  3. Uhh Tony Perkins
  4. Cam Spencer?
  5. Ta’Lon Cooper??
  6. My dad???
1 Like

Dad Boutros for B1G POY

4 Likes

Oh no Penn State. 21 point lead down to 6.

1 Like

Kobe Bufkin

Pickett is 10th in KPoY so far. I still wish we had pursued him last year

DeVante’ won me over but yes Pickett was my first choice. Especially with 2 years

I do like that Harry Styles song. somehow it fits in a basketball arena too

1 Like

:musical_note: I’d walk through fire for you, just let me adore you

Furman is a pretty good team. The fact PSU was even up by 20 at one point is pretty impressive for them. The B1G is really showing out so far, shades of I think it was 2020 when they really put on an impressive noncon showing that was going to lead to 10 or so teams in the tournament, with almost all being single digit seeds. Also just noticed old friend Carter Whitt came off the bench for Furman

Right now KP has the conference a smidge behind the SEC for 2nd, and pretty well clear of the next conference. Which is ahead of where they were last year

Minnesota and Nebraska are the only teams that’ve dropped from preseason KP rankings. Several teams have made double digit leaps already. Looks like its setting up for a lot of 3-10 seeds again

1 Like

The Huskers tip off at 6:30 in Queens - will Dylan cab over to cover the game for The Moving Screen and be back in Brooklyn by 9:30? (Google says it would actually take an hour to drive the 12 miles between the two venues).

No, no he won’t. :rofl:

Dang, the Fred Hoiberg Fan Club section is going to be pretty empty…

1 Like

Didn’t watch or follow much of PSU hoops, but checked the box score, and seeing Lundy and Dread still showing up in a box score made me feel some kind of way. It seems they have been there forever.

Eric Piatkowski will hold it down