Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

Didn’t take long for Tommy to make that about him instead of Josh. Nice job, Tommy.

8 Likes

If I were Xavier Tillman that quote would piss me off, a lot. But I guess these guys get used to being shit on by their coach in East Lansing.

9 Likes

Maybe Xavier thinks he’s the 1st. :crazy_face:

@umhoops, why do B1GSav and his weird MSU twitter cronies all say “sounds good” to you and when did this start?

1 Like

No idea. First time I’ve seen it.

At least that’s a downgraded from when he was maybe the best player.

I went to MSU’s senior night game this year (odd choice I know) and Izzo had the audacity to say to a capacity crowd on CASSIUS WINSTON’S SENIOR NIGHT that Josh Langford was the best player on the team before he re-injured himself. All in a public plea that he “hopes he gives me one more year, we’re working on it” of course.

Obviously it will motivate Tillman to come back to show he’s better than Langford in practice every day.

12 Likes

You made them really mad. So mad even Dane Fife replied. This is for saying Josh langford isn’t as good as a returning AA and a possible first round pick/possibly the best defensive C in the country

Best part was the MSU fans rallying around Fife as if he was dragging Dylan, when he ultimately agreed and then said Dylan was great and singled him out as one of the best out there.

3 Likes

I don’t understand MSU fans acting like Langford was Michael Jordan. He was a nice player pre-injury. He also took the ball out of Winston’s hands, which ultimately made for less efficient offense. And I’m not sure they realize by hyping up Langford as the second best player, they are essentially taking away from Tillman. They are all being disingenuous. If you asked 100 MSU fans would they have rather played the season with Winston and Langford or Winston and Tillman, 98/100 would choose XT.

4 Likes

I don’t get the Langford defensive hype either. He was the same as any other MSU wing that has ever played there. He never stuck out as a particularly good or bad defender. It seems like Izzo just decided one day that he was an elite defender and thus the MSU fanbase/media just rolled with it.

3 Likes

That’s HOFer Tom Izzo you’re talking about. If he says it it’s true.

3 Likes

Not to mention he’s been plagued by multiple/recurring foot injuries that have kept him out of action for a long time. Even if he was healthy last year, do you think he would be 100% on defense?

5 Likes

This is assuming Langford is healthy. Which I will believe when I see.

Justin Smith is grad-transferring from Indiana.

1 Like

Thats interesting. He was going to be a large focal point of the team despite his limited skill set

1 Like

This is random info from an Illinois poster, but one who claims to have inside info says michigan and Villanova are smiths top choices

Goodbye Isaiah Livers if that’s the case.

Just because michigan is a top choice for smith, doesn’t mean its vice versa for michigan.

3 Likes

Yeah, THIS is one where I think you could read something into it if it happened. As was stated though, a kid having interest is different than the program reciprocating that interest.