Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

What’s Matt Painter’s opinion of Justin Smith?!?! That’s what I’d like to hear.

1 Like
9 Likes

Oh man, that really sucks. Sad to see him go /s

1 Like

The saga and drama of Simpson’s name continues!

I think it was pretty clear that the “Z” was more NCAA-mandates paperwork than personal preference. All the players and coaches and reporters seemed to still call him “X”

9 Likes

Including the player that wore number 3 and had “Simpson” on the back of his jersey.

(Except for the times when he referred to himself as Jeff Jackson, of course)

X wanted to be called X period!

3 Likes

I never understood the NCAA excuse, it doesnt seem to hold water considering MSU lists Rocket Watts (real name Mark), We had Spike Albrecht (Real name Michael), Trey Burke (Real name Alphonzo), Moe Wagner (real name Victor)

3 Likes

I didn’t know about this. There’s something about NCAA paperwork related to players and their nicknames?

Thanks Reegs I really enjoyed this read since X was my favorite player his 4 yrs @ M.

1 Like

We could all use a good laugh.

1 Like

Yeah, any list that has Chris Collins ahead of anyone (yes, even Little Ricky and Chambers) is bunk.

2 Likes

We’ve found the last remaining inhabitants of Archie Island.

1 Like

Yeah McCormick is Michigan biased, but i found this to be more accurate. Painter would still be my #2

1 Like

Yeah Painter is too low at #4. What has Holtmann done to deserve to be higher? And Gard just won COY, but before that many were wondering if Wisconsin was on the downswing in the post-Bo Ryan era.

1 Like

Matt Painter “doesn’t recruit enough” to get into Tim’s top three, but Greg Gard, who is a worse recruiter, is number two because he “doesn’t need to” be a good recruiter? Huh?

7 Likes

Yeah agreed on both points… I find the whole evaluation better based on the lower level of rankings having the right components and the top half having the correct components despite having qualms with some of the ordering within those ranges