Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

Oturu has to be on any B1G first team.

Oturu
Garza
Winston
Dosunmu
Tillman

2 Likes

Yep I think Winston, Oturu and Garza are locks then the last two spots are between Stevens, Ayo, Smith and Cowan.

1 Like

If first team was just the 5 best players in conference it might be 4-5 bigs. Absolutely wild how many great ones we have in conference.

2 Likes

I’d go Winston, Cowan, Dosunmu, Oturu, Garza. If I could swap a 3rd big in I’d put Tillman in for Dosunmu

I don’t think the All Big Ten teams are limited to positions. A couple years ago there were no centers. Last year there were 2 centers. Pick your best 5.

In that case give me Winston, Smith, Tillman, Oturu, Garza.

1 Like

I forgot about Smith lol. I second @Superfan16’s team then. But I’m guessing Stevens and/or Cowan gets on the actual team

3 Likes

I just talked to an MSU friend of mine about Tillman. I said I did not expect to start the year that he’d be an early entree candidate, but that he’s proven to me over the last couple weeks he’s an NBA guy and will leave early. My friend said Tillman needs to come back one more year because he’s a late 1st rounder right now probably, but can be a lottery pick if he stays.

:rofl:

I think Tillman will be a good pro, but in no world is he a lottery pick. He’d need to blow up offensively, which I just don’t see happening; especially with Cassius gone. As a career 27% 3 point shooter, I don’t see him all of a sudden jumping to 37% in his final season.

1 Like

Make it three.

3 Likes

Garza, Winston, Oturu, Tillman, Jalen Smith… Cowan 6th. Would probably pick Simpson over Stevens, even though Stevens will probably be selected 1st team.

2 Likes

A consensus is growing here.

He has his fans well trained.

1 Like

A lot of Tillman love. If I’m building a team I agree I want him in my 5, but awards season is a lot about numbers because people just look at a stats sheet and his scoring numbers are a notch below some of the other guys. I wouldn’t be mad if he makes first team though. Anything to build up his accolades and make him more likely to leave.

Yeah I don’t think he’ll actually get on it but I’m just saying which 5 I would pick if I had a vote. I expect Winston, Cowan, Stevens, Garza, Smith/Oturu to be the actual team.

An alternate reality that will drive you more crazy, theres one where Tillman and Winston are at UM. Beilein questionably took Davis as a second center in 2016 which took um totally out of the running for tillman who had heavy um ties.

Graham Couch left Cassius Winston off the first team. He had Xavier Tillman on it. Hilarious.

Didn’t Tillman’s mother play at Michigan?

No way. How does Couch justify no Winston on first team?

Damn it, now I can no longer make jokes about Couch being a shameless MSU homer. But I can still continue questioning his level of intelligence!

1 Like

Yes and if I remember right she was actually quite a accomplished player. From what ive heard um would have been very tough to beat if they seriously pursued but Beilein already had his centers.

1 Like