Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

The article is just a consolidation of how Couch and others voted. But he’s on twitter giving various attempts at an explanation right now…comical.

An MSU beat writer claiming he “didn’t know” leaving Cassius Winston off his first team all-conference ballot “would cause such a stir” THIS year of all years is one of the most incompetent sentences I’ve ever read

7 Likes

Idk, if I’m picking just one MSU player for first team I could definitely see going Tillman over Winston. I think he’s more important to the team. IIRC Quinn said the same thing on the most recent Moving Screen pod.

1 Like

Check back next weekend when they end the hockey team’s season.
/s

2 Likes

1 Like

Pretty wild that Oturu didn’t make it given his numbers.
Oturu averages 20.8 ppg (2nd in league), 11.3 rpg (1st), 2.2 bpg (3rd), 53% FG (6th)

For some reason everyone loves Lamar Stevens in this league

5 Likes

I was looking at our home and away splits and I noticed X’s splits were worse then I would’ve expected for someone like him. He seems like a guy who doesn’t get to bothered by the crowd. His FT splits were 67% at home and 33% away. 3pt % was 42 home and 22% away… yikes

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s unexpected, but the only explanation is that it actually does affect him quite a bit.

Good thing we have zero road games left.

Yeah, but we also have zero home games left…

Don’t you know that we’re neutral court warriors?

Haha I know you are right. I really hope that continues. It would be great for this team to make the second weekend of the NCAA tournament.

OMG that’s why Gard looks so familiar!

2 Likes

@DOTMAN posted on 247 that he expects the B1G to cancel the BTT…

Whoa. (char limit)

In case anyone is wondering, Simpson’s neutral court numbers (in four games) are 2/4 from three and 9/13 (69%) from the FT line.

If that’s the case, they better do it quickly so I cancel my hotel room without penalty. Better not be some bulls*t click bait.

I assume they’d have to cancel it by EOD today since the tourney starts tomorrow. FWIW, there have been two new reported cases of COVID-19 as of about an hour ago, one in a neighboring county to Indianapolis. There’s a total of 6 confirmed cases now in that state.

Like cancel completely? Or play in an empty arena?

He posted in a thread about the Ivy League canceling the tourney, saying to expect the B1G to do the same. In that case, I think he would be referring to cancelling it completely, as the Ivy League has.

I have a hard time imagining Dot is way ahead of any national or local reporter on that. :man_shrugging:

Maybe they just have more to risk so they can’t just throw it out there as a possibility like Dot can. I’d guess no decision has been made but there’s talks and I’m sure that’s what Dot heard

3 Likes