Beilein headed to Nike HQ

1 Like

One thing I’d love to see is the return of those throwback jerseys we used against Minnesota 2 seasons ago for one or two games a year.

1 Like

Love those, I’d also love to see basically a Jordan branded rendition of basically the Fab Five-era uniforms to start.

3 Likes

I hate the 80s block M jerseys, so cheap looking IMO. Fab 5 maize edition are prob my favorite jerseys of all time. We were probably one of the originators of the alternate jersey (which the maize jersey was originally), and we just kept it as essentially our default jersey.

1 Like

For authenticity, any Fab Five throwbacks should be made from that early 90s shiny/satiny fabric and feature the big ol’ baggy arm holes and the tiny lettering on the back. Otherwise what’s the point?

2 Likes

Agree about the 80s uniforms looking cheap and too busy. I really liked the minimalist Cazzie-era throwbacks they wore a few years back too. Basically the only time I’ve liked the white uniforms – otherwise I would prefer maize for every game.

I’m with you here…a part of me deep inside actually gets disappointed when they’re not wearing the Maize uniforms.

1 Like

What an opportunity to maximize exposure with this brand. We have got to get some residual recruiting bounce from this going forward.

1 Like

FWIW, on the national board, a lot of non-Michigan fans put the Fab 5 jerseys in their top 5 uniforms of all time.

I think bringing back a rendition of those uni’s would be pretty sweet and get a lot of nice publicity.

2 Likes

imagine the love-fest and PR spiral that ensues if Chris shows up at this symposium thing, everyone kisses and makes up, Jumpman makes a throwback for this that we wear against UCLA/MSU, etc, etc.

I can dream can’t I?

3 Likes