Austin Grandstaff committed to Ohio State

Austin Grandstaff is off the board to OSU.

I’m surprised he committed so early. He must have really enjoyed his visit in Columbus? Any chance he might decommit in the future?

Thad is good.

Come on down Jalen Coleman!

I’d rather be the next Stauskas/Hardaway than the next Diebler/Cook but whatever…

Jalen Coleman is just as good of an option as Grandstaff in my opinion

Jalen Coleman is just as good of an option as Grandstaff in my opinion

I would definitely agree. Nothing against Grandstaff, but Coleman has been a Michigan priority for a long time and he looked great this weekend. He should have a big summer.

I'm surprised he committed so early. He must have really enjoyed his visit in Columbus? Any chance he might decommit in the future?

Well he’s already decommitted from Oklahoma State, so never say never. But there’s only so much time until signing day in November.

I wouldn’t want a kid that flaky anyway.

What about the other guy from Texas that is similar to Austin?

McQuaid would be another good option. Coleman is still my primary want (over Brunson currently). I think the two “needs” in the 2015 class are (ideally) a stud SG to replace Caris and a C for depth.

Wings – plural – need to be the priority. If LeVert goes pro, there isn’t a whole lot at the off guard spot. Makes it abundantly clear why Michigan took some wings late in '14 for insurance in that class. Now they can look to add some star power and pop in '15.

if we can land Coleman I’ll be fine with whatever the class brings.

We could bring in an additional wing or grab a 4 man if we feel Chatman can play the wing anyway. But at least try and wrap up Coleman ASAP. That’ll give us more time to evaluate Ahrens, McQuaid, etc.

Sure hope we’ve convinced Davis to hold off declaring until Brunson decides. With all of his offers it seems doubtful though.