Taps the sign

2 Likes

“Tap my NUTS” - KAT

1 Like

there is something Jordanesque about Ant Man

1 Like

https://x.com/JustEsBaraheni/status/1792383142696800282

5 Likes

The Nuggets could’ve used a defender like Bruce Brown.

1 Like

Anybody but Boston please

7 Likes

who is yo top choice

Wolves are fun!

nuggs lose but the jokic won a title with one the worst supporting casts in nba history grows tremendously!

I know you hate Murray but he wasn’t the problem.

No he wanst today but…

https://x.com/Tjonesonthenba/status/1792381216798425310

Got my seats for Game 1! Go T-wolves! :wolf:. Can’t miss something that has a 20 year cycle!

6 Likes

I’m a Aaron Gordon fan but he was terrible tonight. Porter wasn’t poor as well.

I think saying Gordon was poor misses the point - the Wolves completely turned the water off on him - when he’s going, it’s often dunks and drop-offs from Jokic, but because Towns and Gobert were effective on Jokic one on one (didn’t shut him down, but were able to survive), it freed Gobert and Reid to free-safety under the rim, and one of those guys is literally the best rim protector in the last decade. Gordon took 4 shots - it’s not that he was bad, it’s that his game is a barometer of Jokic’s passing, and it wasn’t even present.

Porter was awful - he missed shots, which happens, but also really bad defensively, there’s a reason Braun played so much.

Gobert is knocked so often (I know he’s sort of a heel), and it’s insane. He was AWESOME in this game, they don’t come close to winning it without him. There’s an urge to say guys didn’t play well, but sometimes the DPOY outplays you. Edwards/McDaniels are two of the longest nastiest wing defending pairs you’re going to find, etc…

Finally - I’ve knocked the guy’s hoops IQ a ton, but Towns deserves a ton of credit for getting a somewhat serious knee injury 2 months before the playoffs started, maintined his cardio and weight (for a guy who has struggled with this) and played really high level hoops here in a context he’s never seen (his bugaboos I’ve complained about aside)

4 Likes

Minnesota defense is well built to defend and it’s easy to see why they’re the best defensive team in the league. You have Goebert as the anchor. KAT has made himself a passable defender which is a huge change compared to his reputation. McDaniels is the guy who will defend the team’s best player and has the length and athleticism to do so. Ant is defending well so it’s a credit to Finch for getting the team to buy into his defensive system.

Moving KAT to the 4 is probably the best thing for his career. If Minnesota wins it all, it makes the Goebert trade worth it even though it’s a massive overpay.

1 Like

I think it’s worth it anyway. This is either the best or second best team in franchise history for a team that has had almost no success. Most guys at Edwards’ age and pedigree wouldn’t defend like this, both he and Finch deserve a lot of credit.

1 Like

What I admired about Ant is his leadership skills and his ability to communicate with his teammates. His teammates liked playing with him.

After hearing his interviews multiple times, I think him talking about football pre-draft was overblown because he likes to joke around. It was a real concern that basketball wasn’t his #1 priority at the time. The Wolves clearly made the right choice of taking him over Lamelo.

1 Like

https://x.com/WorldWideWob/status/1792428349878685978

2 Likes