2023 NBA Playoffs Thread

For sure, but some of the offensive packages and defensive collapses are similar

Mpj is a solid defender overall, doubtful jett ever gets there because he’s not as big or athletic

KCP’s offense has always been sporadic.

I think the fact that he was fouling every 1/2 second was Problem

1 Like
5 Likes

man if u don’t get migraines u don’t know how hard this would be

7 Likes

I did not.

4 Likes

There was a story from a few years about he and Darko were good buds and would tear the town up partying.

Darko* but yes, it was because of Darko that both Joker’s older brothers made sure that Nikola doesn’t make the same mistake that Nemanja has made.

There are a lot of connections between the Nuggets and the Pistons like 4-5 former Pistons players on the team with 2 having significant rotation minutes.

1 Like

On Dunc’d On this morning, they noted that KCP personally commited 14 free throws worth of fouls last night

He had a truly unhinged 4th quarter for a guy I’d generally consider pretty seasoned and steady. He fouled Max Strus taking a running 3-pointer from 31 feet with 1 second on the shot clock!

1 Like

Yeah fouling a 3 pointer is literally the worst possession you can have on defense. And he did it twice in one quarter. kind of hard to even come back from that especially with the Heat hitting so many shots as well. Overall poor defensive performance by the Nugs

1 Like

Yeah, the problem was the Nuggets’ defense (combined with Miami making 49% of their threes)

The media has seized on this “THEY MADE JOKIC A SCORER AND NOT A PASSER” thing which is factually accurate, but they scored something like 1.2 ppp on the game, so like…fine?

3 Likes

yeah that narrative is so dumb. Spoelstra got asked about it in the press conference and scoffed at the idea that they had figured something out on D and that letting Jokic score an efficient 40 was the plan.

That doesn’t even get into the botched switch communication issues he was involved in or when he massively over helped leading to a wide open three by straus. A truly awful game for him, especially considering his role.

1 Like

I saw that “I don’t think that letting the best player on earth score 40 is a sustainable path to success.”

1 Like

You undershot, I believe. Think I heard on Lowe Post this am that Denver scored 1.25ppp.

Gonna be really hard for Miami to score at that level, but given it’s the Heat, sort of wonder if they will figure something out on D. Pretty hard when they always have a negative defender on the floor but if they have to score 1.3ppp to win, I’m not optimistic for them.

the reason why the nuggets almost always lose when jokic goes 40+ is because he only tries to do it if his teammates just dont have it that night

1 Like

Still

1.25 ppp is good enough offense to win the vast majority of games

If we are looking for why they lost In tempted to look at KCP’s THREE three-shot fouls (and the fact that they were over 50% from 3 on the game until Jimmy’s missed dagger

1 Like

I agree that it wasn’t about Miami’s defense so much as it was about Denver doing dumb stuff.

You have to either be a subscriber or not used up your handful of free clicks there but Defector did a whole Duncan Robinson article today

2 Likes