2022 NBA Playoffs Open Thread

why do they put the Mavs on NBA tv? can somebody give me your login - PW? thx.

Jordan Poole is so good

5 Likes

Jalen Brunson falling to the 2nd round has always been so stupid. talk about overthinking. gee I wonder if this 5-star Mr. Basketball Burger Boy national champion gold medalist FIBA MVP All-American is worth a draft pick. oh but he’s 5’11" without shoes, pass

7 Likes

uhhh yeah, what the f a ck has possessed Jordan Poole? He’s legitimately playing at an all star level.

5 Likes

Another one of those Poole parties.

3 Likes

Jordan Poole is the best player in the league

3 Likes

We’ll never know what would have happened if JP had been drafted by another team. However, it feels like he really hit the jackpot in where he landed with the Warriors. Steph - and probably Clay Thompson, and Steve Kerr - are such perfect role models for him and his career.

Hoepfully he ends up with a long career in the NBA!

5 Likes

I think any benefit of being part of Warriors has come in the form of development and not really who he plays next to. I think he’s simply this good.

2 Likes

Suns and Warriors look like they’re on a collision course. That’d be a fun one.

2 Likes

Okay Poole now it’s getting ridiculous.

7 Likes

are you guys watching this? Poole has made a deal with the devil, what am I watching right now

1 Like

Insane. Looks like a top 25 player out there right now

3 Likes

Poole is the best player on a team with Steph Curry right now. I am happy.

Tim connelly has completely failed jokic by being too loyal to guys. Time for jokic to put the nuggets feet to the fire like other superstars have done.

2 Likes

I could be oversimplifying, but feels like theyre drawing dead minus healthy Jamal Murray.

2 Likes

I mean they basically got screwed out of two playoff runs because of the Murray injury. Could have won the west last year with him. Plus MPJ’s injury. All time bad luck injury timing that made Murray miss two playoffs

4 Likes

Yeah injuries happen but Connelly has continually been too loyal to guys while being afraid to make a bold move. Then has traded guys as their value tanks. He’s simply too loyal and afraid to make a bold move. He’s also ignored perimeter defense for years. I am nuggets fan and it’s growing tiring. He’s a great guy to rebuild a team because he’s a ridiculous talent evaluator but I have serious doubts he’s the type of gm that can take a team from rebuild to playoff team to championship team. That generally requires bold moves.

I agree with that that’s the most plausible explanation and most likely the correct one. Even last year Murray-Jokic-Gordon only played 4 games together before Murray got hurt. I don’t think Gordon is a star by any means but he’s fine has your 3rd best player and if Porter Jr had any injury luck Gordon could be your 4th best player. A healthy roster they are probably a 54-57 win roster. Morris is a solid backup PG, Bones Hyland had a solid rookie year. It sucks that Porter Jr will be taking up so much cap space shortly. Nuggets got Phoenix last year in round 1 rounding into a juggernaut and they get Golden State the year Thompson comes back to health and Poole is going off.

1 Like

I think it’s hard to draw any hard and fast conclusions about Denver when they’ve played the entire season without their all-star caliber PG and a very good small forward.

This team right now has 1 capable wing defender (Gordon) to use against a team that will often play 3 offensively capable wings, 0 guards to punish the Warriors for frequently playing 2 tiny weakling guards defensively. They’re playing the team with arguably the best option to slow down Jokic, and the team most inclined to make Jokic come out on the floor defensively. This is literally the worst imaginable matchup for them. How many teams will make Jokic guard the ball-handler in a Pick and Roll/Pop?

2 Likes

Wonder if we can interest them in a trade for Jerami Grant. Sounds like they could use him. :wink:

4 Likes