2022 NBA Draft Discussion

I mean guys leave early that don’t get drafted.

At 43 he could get a two way or maybe a couple guaranteed years

1 Like

Troy Weaver is a god

3 Likes

In aggregate, what the Knicks did isn’t so bad:

23 Washington and 23 Detroit (sorry) will probably be decent picks.

In his case, he got drafted so good for him.

1 Like

But aren’t 3 future 1st heavily protected though?

4 Likes

Somewhat. Nuggets will convey next year, other picks are protected lotto for a couple years but the protection slowly reduces after that.

2 Likes

Kemba’s dead $9 mil and the pick that is Duren for the 2023 Wizards and Pistons first rounders, as well as the 2025 Milwaukee pick the Pistons just got

Not that bad?

1 Like

This is the Pistons pick protection:

draft pick (first round pick protected top 16 in 2021-22, top 18 in 2023-24, top 13 in 2025, top 11 in 2026, top 9 in 2027, else 2027 second round pick)

Wizards:

draft pick(s) (first round pick protected top 14 in 2023, top 12 in 2024, top 10 in 2025, top 8 in 2026, else 2026 second round pick, 2027 second round pick)

3 Likes

I have a hard time getting that excited for the one and dones getting picked. I mean, I’m glad they didn’t end up in trouble, but I’m not hyped up about it.

3 Likes

The lotto pick protection for next year hurts them - ideally they’d want as many shots at the Victor sweepstakes as possible.

The first two trades seem to make sense for them. The trade with Pistons is more questionable. I guess they really wanted to unload Walker’s contract.

I don’t think dealing Duren for three future first rounders is a bad deal, even if the picks aren’t next year.

Obviously, the Pistons side of the deal rocks.

It really seems like the Thunder really wanted Dieng, they paid a heavy price.

1 Like

I give up trying to figure out what NBA teams are looking for in the draft. Roddy, Baldwin, and even our guys. Baldwin set all time records for bad performance at the combine and it didn’t matter. Roddy is a 6-7 center from a tiny conference. Liddell dropped like a rock. Max Christie.

Wild…

3 Likes

Besides Roddy which I agree with you there, we’re talking the last 32 picks of the draft here. Not like they’re passing up players with fantastic or even decent resumes. Who beside Liddell was an egregious drop?

Kennedy Chandler maybe?

3 Likes

Watch Baldwin become a player.

3 Likes

So happy for Moussa to get that guaranteed contract to be able to support his family. Clippers are destined for great things if they can bionically repair Kawhi and Paul George, and I’m excited to see him at least get a shot next year. Clippers are already a very lengthy team, if Diabate can become a good perimeter defender by utilizing his physical tools, he could gel perfectly with that team.

Re Houstan, what’s to be said, he goes to a place that has an entire starting lineup of ex Michigan players lol Hopefully that makes him feel comfortable.

2 Likes

I hear ya. I completely respect their right to leave for the NBA, and I appreciate their commitment to Michigan and what they gave to the program while they were here, but being here 1 year makes me not quite as attached to those guys. Same thing with Iggy even though he gave us a pretty memorable year.

But I do wish them all the best and happy they both ultimately made the right decision. I just won’t remember them as fondly as guys like Moe, Franz, Hunter, etc.

6 Likes

Apparently the target is Jalen Brunson so the Knicks can get cap space and dangle those picks. I like Brunson but this seems real Knickesque. I like some of their players and he hasn’t been great but I see a guy like Quickley who has some real good upside. Brunson is better but if they’re paying Brunson 20+ mil not sure how that plays out.

Marlboro reds. Go hard

2 Likes