2022 NBA Draft Discussion

No news on Caleb or Moussa getting combine invites yet?

4 Likes

Rocking the Adrien Nunez tee, what a great teammate.

4 Likes

Heā€™s certainly got energy.

2 Likes

Moussa looked a lot smoother than Williams. He did get rejected by the rim again though :laughing:

12 Likes

After watching Williams go through I literally thought, ā€œI bet Moussa ends the drill with 6 layups in a row instead of dunksā€¦ā€ - Then he got rejected by the rim.

And no negative on Moussa, just needs to work on that explosion. Heā€™s got tools.

3 Likes

RHJ was invited to the NBA draft combine. Ranked #63 on ESPNā€™s big board.

4 Likes

That video supported the narrative Iā€™ve had around Diabate this whole time - give him space to move and heā€™s a pretty dynamic athlete. Ask him to leap in traffic or without a run up and heā€™s pretty average. Thatā€™s not necessarily uncommon and doesnā€™t mean he wonā€™t be successfulā€¦but for a big whoā€™s biggest advantage is his athleticism, it is a concern.

He needs to overcome that either with trainingā€¦or developing other skills like a jump shot or better handle.

Franklyā€¦Iā€™m not sure what that drill is really doing. I guess conditioning? Isnā€™t really developing a skill.

1 Like

Itā€™s conditioning related. More of a workout than anything

1 Like

No surprise here. Whoever gets RHJ in the second round will be making out like bandits.

There are few bits on here I enjoy as much as your RHJ love.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Report: Moussa Diabate invited to NBA Draft Combine

3 Likes

Itā€™s interesting that the Pistons subreddit are in love with Sharpe but thatā€™s due to Sharpe not playing against D1 competition and not playing in a competitive basketball environment for a year. I still think itā€™s crazy that they preferred him to Sharpe. Yes, Sharpe was the #1 overall recruit in '22 class but itā€™s hard to see what he can do without seeing him play live. If the Pistons somehow doesnā€™t get a top 4 pick, I might be okay with Weaver swinging for Sharpe but thatā€™s risky.

2 Likes

They were going gaga for Jaden Hardy last year. If you donā€™t follow college basketball, you never reach the point where you learn how useless high school tapes are at demonstrating preparedness at the next level. You take Kobe Bufkinā€™s tape from hs youā€™d think heā€™d be Kobe Bryant. Chet and Paoloā€™s HS highlights were just as if not more impressive than Sharpeā€™s.

This isnā€™t to say Sharpe canā€™t be this all world prospect but itā€™s literally impossible to know without watching him against college or Gleague competition and I wouldnā€™t want the Pistons to take that risk. Everyone seems to think Sharpe is better and more athletic than Ivey but one thing is doing it on the court and another thing to jump during drills.

2 Likes

I trust ESPN, B/R and The Athletic. And it looks like they have a consensus Top 7 which is perfect since the Pistons canā€™t fall lower than that.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Sharpeā€™s lack of college film will hurt him if everything else checks out. It wasnā€™t long ago that it was the norm for players to be drafted out of high school, and typically the #1 overall pick had no college tape. Kobe, Lebron, Garnett, etc werenā€™t falling in the draft due to lack of college tape.

As an armchair analyst I definitely canā€™t say whether Sharpe is that kind of prospect, but itā€™s not crazy that NBA evaluators would make that conclusion absent a year at Kentucky.

1 Like

Keegan Murrayā€¦ā€¦DO NOT WANT. I swear if we pick Murray before Benedict Mathurin Iā€™m going to pop an eyeball

1 Like

Well Sharpe hasnā€™t played live competition in a year so that is a big factor. Itā€™s one thing to get drafted straight out of HS and itā€™s another thing to get drafted straight out of HS but havenā€™t played in a year.

3 Likes

James Edwards is a huge fan of him taking at #3/4 even over Ivey. Ivey is a best prospect from the B1G conference. I donā€™t want Murray at top 4.

1 Like