2021 preferred walk-on Ian Burns

Walk-on alert:

9 Likes

2020 or 2021? chance to contribute at all?

Looks like he’s very close with Ayo Dosunmu

Found some highlights. Looks like a Baird type. Spot up shooter, not very athletic, 6’5”

1 Like

Does he have a “bench mob” highlight reel where he shows off various celebrations for dunks or threes by his teammates? :slight_smile:

6 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

Is Ian a reclass to 2020? Is he a preferred walk on for 2021? It just seems kind of early for a 2021 announcement for a walk on. Imo

1 Like

Good question. I was thinking he was walking on this fall but I see on his Twitter that he posted his Junior highlights in April.

I guess he’s the Class of 2021. Maybe he just really wanted to go to Michigan and knew that he wasn’t going to do better than earning PWO status? He may have also seen that there’s a very strong chance that his H.S. won’t have a basketball season and grabbed the opportunity while it was on the table.

There’s nothing wrong with going to a great University on a discount!

5 Likes

What’s the discount?

1 Like

Most New Trier kids aren’t hurting financially.

6 Likes

Even if parents are making $200 thousand per year or more, $70 thousand per year tuition and room & board is not necessarily just chump change.

4 Likes

He’s from Winnetka

Guessing that number is higher than $200k

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure preferred walk-ons are on a partial scholarship. Isn’t that the case?

No. Not even partial.

2 Likes

Well, damn…

Pretty sure PWO‘S get zero financial aid but can leverage academic support and some of the nutrition/ food options ( non meal plan)

3 Likes

PWOs have a better chance of being admitted. That’s of real value to some.

7 Likes