2021 NCAA Tournament Open Thread

Also, I’m pretty sure I then was on this forum for the next 36 hours until I had to go to work on Monday.

3 Likes

What confidence JB had to put Poole in that position when he’d had a tough game up to that point.

1 Like

I was at home too. And I remember going to other room because I had given up on watching the game. But I’m always on the umhoops open thread regardless, and I saw people posting “omg”, “what???”, etc… having usually a minute differential in my stream, I ran back to the tv and saw it happen.
So I owe it to this forum to have seen it happen “live” rather than letting my stubbornness take over a truly special moment

4 Likes

Normally I hate that, but what a great example of it saving you!

I had a friend in town from Canada (Not a basketball fan), we went out for St. Patty’s. I made him and our girlfriends (now wives) leave the fun evening to get home for the game. All three of them pouted in the living room throughout the entire game. As was I, because Michigan got outplayed the entire game. They got to sit there and listen to me sigh and scoff at the TV for 39+ game minutes. But, when the shot went in, it was a dog pile in the living room. My Canadian friend, who could not care less, was suddenly tackling me with excitement. The girls joined in to. Pure joy from everyone. I don’t even know what noises I made.

14 Likes

LOL. Everyone chime in and we’ll be able to aggregate some data. Categories to include Minor Injuries Sustained, Number of Females Angered, Number of Females Laughing (at not with), Types of Noises Made.

3 Likes

I understand their are frustrations and the college/players money issue is out there. This whole pandemic thing has affected everyone and all types of businesses and this process is knew to the NCAA.

But at this point I don’t see why there are complaints when any and everyone had the option to opt out. The money issue is not going to be resolved during this tournament. I would be surprised if players are being fed beans and franks.

Most of these players need to take advantage of the college degree they are being afforded because 90 percent of them are going to need it after they are done with their eligibility.

If you are a player, this is by far the best time to point things out and have your voice heard. No one cares if Geo Baker tells a NJ.com reporter how tough this season has been in mid-December. It is a national story if it happens this week.

College hoops players never have more of a voice than they do for these three weeks in March – kudos to anyone who uses it.

20 Likes
18 Likes

Wait til he hits a step back long two at the buzzer.

19 Likes

My dad and I made the 13 hour drive to Wichita straight from Ann Arbor. I think we left at 5AM and we made it to the stadium just in time to catch the end of the Kansas/Seton Hall game. After Poole’s shot went in my dad and I were dancing around hugging all the other Michigan fans there. People that we’d never met before became our best friends. It was just pure elation, everyone just stayed there in the stands for the next 10-15 minutes too.

15 Likes

I do understand and also know that non of the players today will reap the benefits of any progress resulting in issues being brought to light. Unless all student athletes come together and decide that they won’t play until they have changes you will have status quo.

1 Like

Just because they won’t necessarily reap the benefits doesn’t mean they shouldn’t speak up, though.

7 Likes

I was at a watch party with a bunch of OSU fans hehehehe

4 Likes

I’m sure they took it completely in stride :joy:

1 Like

…who had just watched their team give up a big run to blow a late second half lead and lose to Gonzaga hehehe

4 Likes

Bohannon’s twitter feed has been on fire (and occasionally hilarious) lately.

9 Likes

Jumpman unveiling new kicks for the tourney :eyes:

5 Likes

wow. gorgeous