2021 NBA Draft Discussion

1 Like
9 Likes

Franzā€™s draft line had a big swing since this morning. His draft position was O/U 9.5 and it is now 7.5. There must be some strong indications that Golden State plans to take him

11 Likes

that would be a great org for Franz. night and day difference from SacraMentos the Freshmaker

3 Likes

I Would love to watch Franz and Poole out there manning the 2 and 3 in the bench unit.

11 Likes

Hadnā€™t even thought about that but that would be so awesome. Both would be playing tons of national games too

3 Likes

Possible GS sees Franz as another utility-knife long defender that can bring a lot of what Draymond brings? Uh, Iā€™ll hang up and listen.

Tom Gores was giving Vivek a strong run for his money for awhile there, before he finally stumbled upon Weaver as GM.

4 Likes
16 Likes

Mike Schmitz is insisting that the Grizz are trying to move up to get Franz, and if they strike out and stay at 10, they take Josh Giddey.

1 Like

Seems like the Warriors at 7 is very much a possibility which would be awesome

3 Likes

Either one is so much better than Orlando or Sacramento. Way better situations and those places are much more patient with their development of young guys.

5 Likes

Accidentally made my way to the first post in this thread, which notes that in August of 2020 Franz was the 39th ranked prospect in the main ESPN mock draft.

What a rise, gonna be so cool to see it pay off for him tonight

15 Likes

Yep even in January being a top 10 lock would have seemed impossible.

Wouldnā€™t be surprised to see Philly take Livers in the second roundā€¦

3 Likes

The Warriors situation (like if they actually pick at 7) will be interesting. The word is that Memphis moved up to 10th in an effort to move up again.

(Edit: Wasnā€™t Harperā€™s mock it was from "The Athletic NBA Staff ") latest mock drafter on The Athletic has Franz at 15 to Washington. Lowest Iā€™ve seen him projected in awhile. Itā€™s also the first time Iā€™ve seen Kispert in the lottery (13) with Franz out.

The Ringer updated their final draft info and have Wagner at 7 to the Warriors. A few other notes from their latest:

• They have the Magic taking Barnes and Kuminga. If that isnā€™t the biggest high risk / high reward draft weā€™ve seen in a while I donā€™t know what is. Both of those guys could be stars or busts. I donā€™t love either of themā€¦but they could be great eventually.
  • Todd is projected in the first round at #26 to the Nuggets.
  • Ayo to the Bucks at #31ā€¦I still feel like heā€™s underrated and will do well in the NBA
  • Aaron Henry at #43
  • Wieskamp at #46
  • Garza at #51
  • Livers at #54 to the Pacers. Not a bad spot - partner with Levert and get up some threes.
2 Likes

I donā€™t get Kispert. I know it is only one game, but I go back to the Bahamas in Nov. 2019. Corey Kispert in 37 minutes, 6 points, 1-3 from 3. Isaiah LIvers, in 34 minutes 21 points on 5 of 8 from 3. It is like Corey Kispert wasnā€™t even there.

Everytime I have seen Kispert against a good team he vanishes. He is an all-american against WCC teams. In their final 3 games in the NCAAā€™s last year against, USC, UCLA and Baylor, Kispert was 7-25 from 3. Kinda average, not a lottery pick.

I feel the similarly about Franz and Barnes from FSU and their head to head.

Yes, I am a homer!

4 Likes

I donā€™t get it either. Barnes at least has the measurables. Kispertā€™s stock seems to suggest Duncan Robinson and Joe Harris would be lottery picks in a redraft and Iā€™m not sure I buy that.

What else does Kispert do well? He is basically Livers in a lower conference. Would Livers be projected in the top-15 without the foot injury? Doesnā€™t seem like it.

Maybe I am just a homer too.

2 Likes