2021 NBA Draft Discussion

If the Pistons don’t package their 3 2nd round picks to move up, I’d love to see them use one on Livers.

3 Likes

The one thing I would’ve expected them for sure to do with their data would be to show that it correlates better with future NBA D-RAPM than stocks and they didn’t do it. It’s all well and good to propose your film watch produces better metrics but the rubber has to meet the road at some point!

Sounds like they’re trying to do for basketball what Pro Football Focus does for football.

2 Likes
9 Likes

Should I be happy or terrified for Franz?

1 Like

Not a great organization.

1 Like

Straight-up terrified, IMO.

4 Likes

I have little confidence that a Michigan fan account with less than 350 followers has the scoop on this.

6 Likes

Terrified. They hit on Fox who’s terrific, Haliburton is going to be good but overall it’s a bad organization.

Yeah I’m calling BS on this “scoop”. Not that they might not pick him but this account getting that info is sus

The Kings are the one team I do not want to draft him in the 7-14 range

8 Likes

Would be awful. Sacramento is hands down the worst org in the league for development.

4 Likes

Why would you make a draft “promise” to a lottery pick? Do they think that it’s going to stop Franz from working out and communicating with the teams right after them? Weird.

8 Likes

There’s no way you’d want it out there in public, it would reduce your chances of actually landing him because anyone else that may also want him know what they need to do to get him.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Saw Chaundee in a restaurant I was at last night.

6 Likes

My son, who has encyclopedic idea of NBA rosters thanks to 2k, and I were talking over the NBA impact of G leaguers over dinner (we have been abandoned by his mom and sisters who are on Walloon Lake with Beilein).

There are so many who have played a reasonably big role this year, including several who were not lottery, not first round, but Not drafted.

But as we went thru rosters and their G league ‘vets’, I realized probably the best story in the NBA this year had to be Juan Toscano-Anderson of the Warriors. He played real playoff minutes. An undrafted kid who played four years at Marquette and then 4 years in the Mexican NBA (two time all-star game MVP!) before playing a year in Santa Cruz and finally an NBA call up.

But not just any call up. That dude, who got called up to the warriors, grew up in Oakland! Just a great story.

10 Likes

Here is a dude I will always cheer for!

19 Likes

Ever since they got screwed in the 2002 WCF, they’ve been cursed. I guess you could argue that it started in Game 3, with the Samaki Walker shot after the buzzer at halftime that counted and the Big Shot Bob 3 to lose it.

3 Likes

I liked this poll and am curious where this board would land

If you were the Pistons, which would you rather?
  • The #1 pick
  • The #2 and #3 picks

0 voters

2 Likes