2020 Recruiting Notes

Don’t be daft. Of course he wants the talent. He might not want whatever else comes with it.

More simply, Barnes is further along in the process and just isn’t feeling Michigan. Nothing that crazy but being honest about it actually helps Michigan more than adding them as the 9th school on his list. But I agree time to move on.

5 Likes

You’re arguing the exception, not the rule. Most really good programs get really good players. It’s not like we see Rutgers, Penn State, and Oregon State hauling in a bunch of elite players. But, if you don’t have friends of the program willing to offer extra benefits, you’re fighting an uphill battle for most five star kids.

I would buy that if there were any indication from anywhere else that Barnes is a problem off the court.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2020 - G - Joshua Christopher (Offer)

I watched the last few minutes of this game. Nimari Burnett had some big crunch time buckets to help WhyNot win. 6 quick points when I watched.

1 Like

Lots of guys Michigan is currently being mentioned with or were mentioned with under Beilein.

Not sure what to think of this if true. I’ve heard it would be tough to get Moses out of the south. He’s a great scorer/jump shooter though no question. I’m curious as to whom Bradley Beal played because it’s very possible Juwan was there’s for someone else.

They played Albany City Rocks and UPLAY Canada.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2020 - F - Henry Coleman (Target)

Was said to be leaning the UVa way but I believe they are out of scholarships with their two commitments.

Has anyone seen a single report of Michigan even contacting him? This is a kid that seemed to be a natural recruit for Juwan.

1 Like

Tempering my expectations for the 20 class, all the talk is about the top guys but got to think Juwan has some secondary recruits lined up as well. Sure would be nice to get one of Suggs, Burnett, Springer add Steward (Duke offer now though) and Miller (with no mention of us)

1 Like

I posted that just to imply that we will find out if Michigan is seriously recruiting him when he announces. If Michigan is, then it shows they have been it’s just not being publicized.

1 Like

Its been weird with him and steward, miller has never talked about Michigan and steward only did when sam Webb directly asked him about Michigan. Both of them also seem to put their offers out there and neither has with um so it seems pretty clear neither has a UM offer. Seems really odd though because they seemed like 2 of the most obvious recruits juwan would chase.

2 Likes