2020 Recruiting Notes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2020 - Big - Mark Williams (Target)

Michigan being mentioned with 2020 Canadian Guard Karim Mane. I heard Mane is old for his grade and is seriously considering skipping college and doing something similar to Darius Bazely or going overseas as well.

2 Likes

He’s already 20.

I believe Saddi is at Adidas based on the tweet Corey Evans put out regarding Walker Kessler earlier today. Juwan, Martelli and Eisley are at the game. It’s on ESPNU if anyone wants to watch. Burnett has played well but Mokan is winning.

2 Likes

Just turned on the Peach Jam Final. Has Nimari’s wingspan been measured? Looks long.

Not sure. Has to be at least 6’7 wingspan

Josh Christopher was interviewed on ESPNU and was asked who’s recruiting him hardest. First team he mentioned was Michigan. Cameras have shown Juwan several times throughout the game. Kids who love the cameras should love Michigan because Juwan will attract the media. Christopher would fit that type of player but we will see if Howard can pull it off.

7 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Michigan offers four-star forward Terrance Williams

I am sticking to my prediction from earlier this week that um emerges as a major factor for Christopher.

I don’t think there is a Michigan fan around who would be mad if that was true

Is it safe to assume Adam Miller isn’t a priority, seeing as multiple guards in the class have been offered already? My biggest concern would be M staying in the race for some of the top guys to later fall out of contention, and having not enough time to hop into other recruitments. No doubt that this is a time of high uncertainty, feels like I will spend most of summer/fall anxiously speculating like I am now

Now that the staff has had (a little bit) of time to hit the road & see prospects in person + (a little bit) of time to work with the returning players, I think the next 10-15 days will be interesting to gauge the staff’s efforts/priorities.

1 Like

With Ware and Coleman getting offers, who is everyone’s pick for the next offer in this class?

Jalen Suggs

1 Like

2 things:

1:) Cade Cunningham is insanely talented. Easy #1 player in the class in my eyes.

2:) The Kyree Walker clips were impressive. I’d be glad if Michigan got him in 2019 or 20.

1 Like

So apparently Juwan offered Isaiah Todd and we might make his next cut.

2 Likes

That is the pressing question at Michigan right now. While John Beilein did not shy away from recruiting some of the best in the high school landscape, it pales in comparison to the big-game hunting that Juwan Howard has been doing since his hiring.

Already sitting with a four-star commitment from Zeb Jackson, Michigan has found itself on the final lists of a handful of elite prospects, including Josh Christopher, Nimari Burnett, Jaden Springer and Hunter Dickinson. Meanwhile, the Wolverines are also a major threat for Walker Kessler, Henry Coleman, Micah Peavy and Lance Ware.

Can they close with any of the Rivals150 prospects? And, if so, with how many? I think they come up short in most cases. I don’t see a top-five recruiting class in the cards for the Wolverines but I do see a top 20 group that could be highlighted by Jackson, Burnett, and/or Dickinson.

3 Likes