2020-21 Roster Speculation

Why do you hope Smith isn’t close to a decision? Literally every transfer is going to have to choose a school simply based on phone calls and video chats rather than campus visits. If Aiken commits elsewhere, I’m sure Michigan immediately intensifies the pressure with Smith.

Because it might be too late to intensify the pressure if Smith is already close to a decision?

2 Likes

Do we know they haven’t been recruiting Smith hard already? I don’t think we have any clue what kind of conversations they’ve had so far. For all we know, Michigan could be recruiting Smith harder than anyone else and then an early commit would be in our favor. I don’t think we have any idea. Grad transfers tend to generate less info than HS recruits since they are done on such a condensed timeline.

It’s possible. The timing doesn’t make it look that way, but as you said, we hear a lot less about these grad transfer recruitments.

Arizona has already picked up a grad transfer PG from Seattle who is ranked ahead of Smith by ESPN.

Who are the other real players to land Smith right now? Are we even considered a likely landing spot for him?

I have no idea who is in the mix for Smith, but initial reports were that he was getting heavy interest from Michigan and Arizona.

2 Likes

Looking at the scholarship chart today, it’s pretty clear that this pursuit of guards is unbelievably important. Eli, Zeb, Bajema, are really the only guards we have unless Franz or Nunez could be considered possible guards. Lottttsss of pressure on the Christopher and grad-transfer situations.

3 Likes

Not sure how Aiken could pick anyone but Michigan. Ample PT. Talented teammates. Big school. Great campus. Excellent academics. Juwan Howard.

Sincerely,
Homer

4 Likes

So, my name is Homer now? :thinking::hugs:

7 Likes

Jace Howard officially walking on according to 247

6 Likes

Just saw that. Wow that helps a lot.

1 Like

Something tells me Juwan is doing something shady like paying for this guys tuition or something.

16 Likes

I heard he’s sleeping with the kid’s mom. And I heard a rumor that Beilein did the same thing with a player’s mom when he was at WVU.

7 Likes

Detroit Media will put a stop this. Meanwhile questions elsewhere are unasked and investigations still haven’t taken place.

???

1 Like

Not sure where to post this but my friend mentioned he heard Castleton might be transferring. I just searched his name on Twitter and found this tweet from a few minutes ago. I’m not sure how to verify whether or not this is true but the account has 70K followers.

Ant tweeted this like 12 minutes ago: https://twitter.com/ItsAntWright/status/1248099707072716806

So presumably he was told this is happening

I didn’t really think there was a path for Colin and AD to be on the team next year. Just not room for both plus Dickinson. So this stinks cause I like Colin and would have preferred him over AD.

8 Likes

Yeah, if it was a choice, we made the wrong choice. Might not have been though.

6 Likes