2019 Recruiting Notes

Prob a dumb question, but have we offered?

Beilein only offers after a visit. Don’t think that he visited.
PG is no longer a recruiting priority for 18/19 but I would take this kid anytime.

I thought he visited last summer. Maybe was planning and then it didn’t happen, or maybe it was not the type of visit sufficient for an offer (i.e. academic tour, etc.).

I don’t know how much UM is recruiting Keion Brooks but they should. He’s long, athletic, and can play and defend multiple positions. Saddi and Hunter are watching him now and he’s having a monster game vs. NY Rens at the 17u division.

He is clearly the best prospect and player for the Indy Heat team that Johns, Marcus Bingham, and Tyger Campbell are on. This is a one game sample size for me but I’m extremely impressed.

Scout seems to have him as a 5 star, #13 player in the country

This kid is going to be a super player. We should be all over this young man.

4 Likes

I feel like we are unusually involved with more high (top 30ish) recruits for this class (if we consider Barrett and Nembhard as original 2019 recruits). Really hope that we get one to bite

2 Likes
3 Likes

Think JB feels he’s got a good core of recruits either signed or considering, so why not swing for the fences?

3 Likes

Not sure about if there are real chances, but there is nothing to lose. It also helps convincing some targets not to wait long.

Follow up tweet said Slazinski would be playing at the college practice camp on Sat, anyone seen or heard any other names of recruits who might be there this weekend?

2 Likes
1 Like

Stay all over that kid. He’s a player.

One to keep an eye on. Top 25 Tyrese Maxey

2019 top-25 @RM5Nike guard Tyrese Maxey is an on unofficial visit to Michigan State; visits Michigan tomorrow @Pkonyndyk @Balas_Wolverine

— Corey Evans (@coreyevans_10) August 7, 2017

http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=3911

New target, Desi Carton 6-1 combo guard who blew up in July. Mentions Yaklich so probably had previous contact with him. Another small guard target which is interesting, can’t imagine him getting an offer but who knows.

Also of note Maxey didn’t get an offer.

3 Likes