2019 Recruiting Notes

Any other details?

Cool, could take the place of Girard on our board if/when Girard hops on the Cuse train…

He would definitely be a bigger, more athletic wing recruit. I wouldn’t object. And it would be nice to score a recruiting win over Sparty. We’ll see what happens. I assume he’s doing the full campus tour and will get an offer.

1 Like

Sounds like no offer at this point.

Beverly didn’t get a offer I don’t think, and he won’t end up at MSU anyways. Will most likely go out of state

Any idea if the lack of UofM offer is because they just dont value him highly enough yet, or is it a way of preventing a commitment from him until the top targets have decided?

I assume everything is based around Carton at this point. If he drags out the recruitment into the fall, I’d guess they amplify the recruitments of the secondary guys

1 Like

New Rivals 150:

Brooks 15
Carton 17
Wilson 35
Watts 50
Girard 127

Mobley 27
Williamson 34
Timme 39
Beverly 56
Armstrong 59
Agbonkpolo 60

Maxey 7
Weems 37
Moore 57

2 Likes

Wow Carton all the way up to 17 :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

McDaniels at 4

Watts and Beverly at 50 and 56 too. Im all for the full-court press on Carton, but I sure hope we end up with one of the 3.

A new name to potentially keep an eye on:

Four-star combo guard Austin Crowley told me that he hasn’t set any of his official visits just yet, but the time to do so is coming soon.

Crowley said that the current plan is for he and his father to sit down after the month of July and start setting up visits.

Crowley also pointed out that he’s still open and hasn’t decided on anybody that he will for sure be taking a visit to. He said that Alabama, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Memphis, Wichita State, Michigan, Minnesota, Louisiana Tech, Maryland and Stephen F. Austin are among those currently in the mix.

Capable of playing as a long and rangy playmaker or sliding off the ball as a scorer, Crowley said some coaches are recruiting him as a point while others see him as a combo. Does he have a preference?

“No,” said Crowley. “I will play wherever they want me to.”

Oh baby…sign me up. I mean I’d love to get DJ Carton, but this Crowley would be a great backup option. He’s more raw, he’s skinny, but tall with lots of upside. Good handle, good athleticism. Perfect type of player for Beilein and Sanderson to work with.

1 Like

Saw that yaklich started following jhamius Ramsey, now that kid would fit um’s needs perfectly

1 Like

New name on the board in Precious Achiuwa

And what a name it is… Impressive.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2019 - G - James Bouknight (Target)

I’ll give the chances of landing Achiuwa about .00001% lol.

Have we shown any interest in Armaan Franklin, Brandon Newman or Terrance Shannon. 3 wing/guards from the Midwest who have taken off this summer?