2019 - G - Joe Girard III (Offer)

vs Indy Spiece last Summer. Opens with him shooting a 3 with Brandon Johns closing out.

nike peach jam. does a nice job of baiting defenders with fakes.

2 Likes

I was going to say. There is plenty of EYBL footage of Girard. Kid can play.

5 Likes

Donā€™t think we are looking at the same guy. The quality of the schools looking at him suggests they arenā€™t either.

1 Like

Never ever said he couldnā€™t play

The 50 point to GameStop makes no sense heā€™s not that good, so makes me wonder

Yeah, Iā€™m at a loss. He looks better than better than Locke to me.

[quote=ā€œMattski, post:165, topic:3451, full:trueā€]
Donā€™t think we are looking at the same guy. The quality of the schools looking at him suggests they arenā€™t either.
[/quote

Trying to put Girard in context. Do you think heā€™s better than Carsen Edwards as a prospect? How about David DeJulius? If you think he is better than one or both of those guys why? At this point, I think not. From a physical standpoint, I think he has limitations.

I have no doubts about his ability to shoot.

I will be more than satisfied if he surpasses my expectations.

1 Like

Just re-read your comment and. . . itā€™s reasonable enough. Afraid I was reacting to the continued negativity re: Girard. Agree that Edwards and Dejuliusā€“to my inexpert eyesā€“look like better players. We got one of them, thankfully. Think Girard can be very good, though.

Not trying to start a debate by any means, but curious about the comparison. Doesnā€™t seem like he would fill the role of a Carson Edwards or David DeJulius. Seems like a different type of playerā€¦maybe potentially a better version of Stu Douglas? I donā€™t know, but Iā€™d take one of each, please.

If heā€™s close to the defender Stu was Iā€™d be very happy.

3 Likes

Not that Coach B would ever negative recruit but all he has to say is come to Mivhigan because weā€™re clean.

Beilein is too classy to do so but you can be damned sure that everyone else on a recruitā€™s official visit is going to mention it.

1 Like

Feeling like we are a shoe in for the top 6

Iā€™ll predict Michigan, Syracuse, Duke, Nova, OSU, and then I have no idea on the last one.

2 Likes

Think it is safe to say that really is just the bottom row at this point?

He only shooting the ball in the Michigan pic. Dead giveaway. Weā€™re in like Flynn.

3 Likes

Same as when Jalen Wilson announced his top 6.