2019 - G - Joe Girard III (Offer)

vs Indy Spiece last Summer. Opens with him shooting a 3 with Brandon Johns closing out.

nike peach jam. does a nice job of baiting defenders with fakes.

I was going to say. There is plenty of EYBL footage of Girard. Kid can play.

Don’t think we are looking at the same guy. The quality of the schools looking at him suggests they aren’t either.

Never ever said he couldn’t play

The 50 point to GameStop makes no sense he’s not that good, so makes me wonder

Yeah, I’m at a loss. He looks better than better than Locke to me.

[quote=“Mattski, post:165, topic:3451, full:true”]
Don’t think we are looking at the same guy. The quality of the schools looking at him suggests they aren’t either.
[/quote

Trying to put Girard in context. Do you think he’s better than Carsen Edwards as a prospect? How about David DeJulius? If you think he is better than one or both of those guys why? At this point, I think not. From a physical standpoint, I think he has limitations.

I have no doubts about his ability to shoot.

I will be more than satisfied if he surpasses my expectations.

Just re-read your comment and. . . it’s reasonable enough. Afraid I was reacting to the continued negativity re: Girard. Agree that Edwards and Dejulius–to my inexpert eyes–look like better players. We got one of them, thankfully. Think Girard can be very good, though.

Not trying to start a debate by any means, but curious about the comparison. Doesn’t seem like he would fill the role of a Carson Edwards or David DeJulius. Seems like a different type of player…maybe potentially a better version of Stu Douglas? I don’t know, but I’d take one of each, please.

If he’s close to the defender Stu was I’d be very happy.

Not that Coach B would ever negative recruit but all he has to say is come to Mivhigan because we’re clean.

Beilein is too classy to do so but you can be damned sure that everyone else on a recruit’s official visit is going to mention it.