2019 - Wing - Jalen Wilson (De-Commit)

Lighten up Francis. It is a sports forum. It also has zero affect on the players. No one is rooting for players to leave. But it happens and it’s fair game to wonder about roster composition going forward IMO.

1 Like

You made a good point, Beilein has always talked about playing two PGs together whenever he has two or more PGs. I can see DD and Carlton on court together, both can score and run offense. I expect next season either Brooks or DD will play some non-negligible minutes as 2.

On the other hand, Beilein started his career playing two guard offense largely because he had no true PGs.

1 Like

Announcing his final 6 tomorrow.

1 Like

And with a Michigan visit this weekend, were in amazing shape for this kid. Beautiful weather on its way, too.

Imo, Keion Brooks isn’t coming. Wilson is now my top wing prospect.

3 Likes

Officially down to six. May or may have had my heart skip a beat when I missed us in the bottom left in my first look at the picture.

Based on what he’s been saying to the recruiting sites, Carolina was the one I was most concerned about. Not having them listed is a big development, in my uneducated opinion. Hopefully we can knock it out of the park this weekend.

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking they’d be the top competitor based off of interviews, I’m guessing they cooled because he talked about them a lot. Very good for us IMO.

Does he have a decision timeframe?

Wow, very big. This basically confirms my suspicions.

What are those suspicions?

Ok St and Michigan are both overlapping on their lists and they are both from TX, but I dont know what else to read into this…

2 Likes

FWIW, Maxey’s twitter interactions seem to prove everyone’s theory that he’s a lock to Kentucky. He likes posts from Tyler Herro and Ashton Hagans daily.

Butttt for the crazy optimists out there, there is a real Maxey/Wilson connection and Jerry Meyer crystal balled Wilson to Michigan this morning

Tweets like the one Maxey Tweeted out are super common with recruits, especially ones that are friends. I wouldn’t read into this much at all.

Maxey and Wilson definitely do not dislike each other to the point where they won’t interact on twitter.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/nezzy21/status/993895345187942400?s=21

1 Like
6 Likes

Whoa. I assume that means “I would think there’s a chance” as opposed to “I would think he’s committing”, but either way, I like it.

4 Likes

Not sure that this matters all that much because I don’t think UCLA is the primary competition here, but they just got a SF commit

3 Likes

LOL, I looked at that tweet at first without looking at the name and had a mini heart attack.