2019 - G - Joe Girard III (Offer)

1 Like

Feeling like we are a shoe in for the top 6

I’ll predict Michigan, Syracuse, Duke, Nova, OSU, and then I have no idea on the last one.

2 Likes

Think it is safe to say that really is just the bottom row at this point?

He only shooting the ball in the Michigan pic. Dead giveaway. We’re in like Flynn.

3 Likes

Same as when Jalen Wilson announced his top 6.

Do you think this is a commitable offer at this point? Would we use our first oversign on him?

Definitely commitable IMO. We have a wing for the class but not a guard. There is no reason to believe that Matthews will be back after this season. JB has in fact called him a senior for this up coming year. Don’t know how it plays if Carton or another guard were to commit first though

1 Like

Complete guess but I think if Girard commits we would still chase Carton hard. I think 3 is the max JB would take but Carton feels like target 1A regardless of who else comes and for good reason IMO

1 Like

I would wager that Girard wouldn’t be allowed to commit until DJ makes his decision.

3 Likes

Alright honest question, why do you believe that? I cant see JB pulling that. He made an honest offer to both kids and nothing has change regarding the spot being actually available. I feel like this is black and white - the spot is open or it isnt. Especially with Tyus Battle in the rear-view mirror, I feel like JB will take the bird in the hand .

I will say, if JB has cooled on Girard and stopped recruiting him, the offer could be pulled, but there would still be no contingency for what Carton does.

2 Likes

Carton has an announcement date, Girard doesn’t I don’t think…so the idea of slow-playing Girard to wait for Carton seems academic - Carton chooses first.

1 Like

That makes some sense. I didnt recall Carton having a date. Do you know what it is? I know that Girard is supposed to announce prior to fall/football season

I guess I’m wrong - I must have confused his visit date. Nevermind!

1 Like

Carton doesn’t have a firm announcement date that I’ve seen. He said that it could go as late as October.

2 Likes

? Last I heard he wanted to decided by mid-August. I believe the theory is that he might commit after visiting Michigan and Indiana (who he’ll be visiting right before the dead period). And if not, he’ll probably commit in August when the dead period ends.

Recent interview on Rivals, he says visits are being pushed back, decision probably in Sep. or October. Doesn’t mean the couldn’t decide sooner, but he definitely doesn’t have a decision date.

are u talking about Carton or Girard?

This is what I am asking. I assume Matthews is leaving and that is the only open scholarship left for 2019, at this point. Regardless of planned announcement dates, if Gerard decides to go before Carton makes his decision, would we take him or wait on Carton?