2019 - G - Harlond Beverly (Miami Commit)

Agree, scrambling for guards in April is not ideal. My hope is we get a reclassification kid. Going to be an interesting couple of months.

This was just posted.

All over the map. Geography clearly not an issue

I think we’ll be ok. I’m expecting big leaps for guys. Guys who were non factors this year could be nice players very soon.

1 Like

What Harland Beverly has is size for a guard, athleticism and skill. He probably can get his shot at the rim better than any guard we currently have on the roster. I know guys will say we need shooting and that is correct. Beverly can create with is handle and athleticism plus he is stated to be able to guard. Plus his shot is not broken from what I have seen.

Was he there for Beverly and/or Cunningham? Not trying to challenge your info, just curious.

1 Like

Probably both but I know for a fact he contacted Beverly letting him know he’d be there to see him

1 Like

and then he puts out that edit right after? kind of puts the kibosh on that relationship, doesn’t it?

He might have had that edit planned to be released that day. Timing could have just been coincidental. I’m not sure.

No Virginia? Hmmm.

Miami with Bama making a late push if I had to guess.

Virginia is about as likely as Michigan at the moment. Which is not good.

Michigan is making a significant move.

4 Likes

Beverly is one ESPNU right now for the GEICO nationals. Montverde Academy is playing University School, which has Vernon Carey who’s going to Duke, top 5 2020 Scottie Barnes, Juwan Howard’s son and several other big names.

Didn’t hear them mention Michigan in the list of schools recruiting him.

Beverly shot 9-11 from the floor and had a couple assists, steals and rebounds as well.

Cunningham i believe had 6 points and 4 fouls. Struggled to make shots and was rusty since this is Montverde’s first game in over a month.

2 Likes

I really don’t see there being anything here, tbh. Obviously not connected, but if I was Beverly, I wouldn’t want to go to Michigan at this point. I’d feel disrespected.

I mean nothing is impossible so I wouldn’t rule it out but the chances are about as minimal as can be. Michigan had multiple chances to get in with him over the years and didn’t pull the trigger and he would’ve been interested. Michigan blew their opportunities in the past to get in a good position for him.

1 Like

Opportunities sometimes present themselves in a very unsuspecting
way. Fences can be mended accordingly.