2017 - PG - Eli Brooks (Commit)

This is an obvious strength as I listed his versatility as a shooter in my pros (off the catch, off the bounce and off ballscreens). I see him as a gunner whose passing ability is an uknown.

Not sure how anyone can tell the vertical of anyone off a photo.

Have to disagree here, he clearly has nice verticality. Based on what I’ve seen recently, he’s a tremendous shooter with a better handle (bordering on downright good) than given credit for.

I guess I’ll be on an island on this one and we will see. If the majority project him as a good halfcourt finisher and creator then we can easily look at certain statistics when the time comes.

Not only do I think he’s capable of playing PG, I think he’ll be a good shot creator from the perimeter in terms of kick outs and midrange jump shots.

Hmmm, I wonder who has been denying Eli credit for these things?

1 Like

When you’re wrong, you’re wrong. The kid has all B10 potential in my view.

3 Likes

I think he can handle basic PG duties and I have no assessments on him as a passer so you could be right

How was he on the defensive end of the floor? I know he probably wasn’t playing the greatest of competition, but did you see anything you liked/didn’t like?

Willing defender that moves his feet, doesn’t gamble much.

I have never really followed Michigan basketball up until this year to see where I think Eli will fit in. IMO, he will be a solid contributor off the bench as a freshman. Maybe 10-15 minutes a game and 10-15 points a game. Maybe I’ll be wrong and he will contribute more or less. Only time will tell.

Now that would be some insane efficiency :slight_smile:

I think Eli’s role as a freshman is pretty clear: shooting punch off the bench who can play either guard spot.

5 Likes

I’m seriously thinking he could be a 15-20 point per game type starting his sophomore year. His ability to shoot off the dribble is bordering on elite.

Where would you rank him for his class? Pro potential?

Fair enough MattD – and you’re definitely not the hedging type. Anyway, I haven’t seen the full game videos, but I’m glad to hear they look so good to you.

1 Like

Based on what I’ve seen recently I’d probably put him in the 50-75 range. I think he has some NBA potential. If he were a legit 6’2 then I think he’d likely be an NBA type. His shooting ability both off the catch and the dribble is simply superb

Weeks prior you were ready to give his scholarship away. Kid is going to be good for us.

He may be our best player in 2 years. He just shoots the ball so well off the dribble.

I agree. We must hope his confidence doesn’t get shaken his freshman year and kid could be very productive. If Simpson can’t figure out how to score in college, Eli could see quite a few minutes as a freshman. I definitely don’t think he’s scoring a point per minute, but he could be pretty good.

You just can’t teach that type of shooting ability off the dribble.

I’m so confused right now, I honestly can’t tell if you’re trolling our optimism.

4 Likes