2017 - PG - Eli Brooks (Commit)

Much appreciated

Little clip about Eli from his teammates and Deshawn Millington talking about what it’s like playing with him and against him.

7 Likes

Just wanted to chime in and thank @c.hay11 and @Coachhay for the inside info on Eli, of whom it is hard to find much material on. Cant wait for him to put on some maize and prove you guys right.

11 Likes

Thanks for the link. I’m hoping for great things from Eli.

Eli had 40 points, 15 boards, 5 assists in a 71-65 win

3 Likes

Just had the chance to watch a few of Brooks’ full games from AAU. Have to say I was thoroughly impressed.

9 Likes

Any chance those are available to the public?

Dylan may be able to help - it’s Krossover film

1 Like

I cut up some of his AAU film back when he committed

Thanks, Dylan! @MattD, Im guessing you saw this when Dylan posted it. What about the film that you saw recently, compared to this film, caused you to change your mind?

Just his ability to shoot off the dribble in the midrange. Also shows a bit of hesitation with the ball in PnR. Obviously a tremendous catch and shoot player

Glad to hear it. Hopefully he can give us some midrange game in Dave’s interim.

Thanks for the stats. That’s quite the usage % (apparently needed in a close one)

1 Like

Won’t be surprised at all to see Brooks end up getting “unanticipated” minutes next year. Not at all.

New photo by marley hay

Last night’s game highlight. This was of a cut into the lane, received a bounce pass and went up off one step

1 Like

New photo by marley hay

This was one a 6’5" dude on the break several games back

1 Like

Thanks for the link. Pretty nice vertical in that photo.

This is an obvious strength as I listed his versatility as a shooter in my pros (off the catch, off the bounce and off ballscreens). I see him as a gunner whose passing ability is an uknown.

Not sure how anyone can tell the vertical of anyone off a photo.

Have to disagree here, he clearly has nice verticality. Based on what I’ve seen recently, he’s a tremendous shooter with a better handle (bordering on downright good) than given credit for.