2015 Potential Transfer Targets

None of them are proven at the 4 though. Irvin and dawkins are 3s. And kam and Dj are currently works in progress to say the least. Robinson is the one wild card. Has the height for a 4 but a lot of reports say he’s more of a 2-3. I would take him simply for the experience and the rebounding. If we could have just held our own on te glass last yr we would’ve won a handful of more games.

We have two open schollies at the least and potentially 3 if Caris bolts.

Cut up a few clips of him. Will have them on the front page shortly. Baseline finisher, post play, rebounding. Could be an interesting piece.

And we really don't need another 4. Half the roster can play that position it seems.

Not well they can’t.

Miller is intriguing. I like his rebounding and block rates, and he looks like he’s a good finisher. I wonder about fit, though. JB’s 4s are perimeter oriented. Miller seems to be a post player based on the very limited film I saw, but his size isn’t conducive to playing the 5 in the big ten.

I’d love to have a proven rebounder on the team, but where would he play in our offense?

Bad % from 3 not something JB typically likes from a 4. I’d be interested in his shot chart though. Because if he can shoot 35%+ from wide open corner threes, that’d be fine, because I imagine that’s where most of his 3 attempts should come from in our offense just like GR3 and Zack shot a ton of 3s from the corner.

Wrote this in the comments, but the fit for present/future balance is tricky.

The question here is how does everything fit together?

Michigan looking at a lot of frontcourt help. Obviously there’s Brown and Wagner – seemingly at the top of the pecking order, but how do you compare 1 year of Shonn Miller to a Mike Edwards or a Levi Cook?

He shoots less than 30% from 3

I’ve seen a lot of people harping on this. Michigan had a 31% three-point shooter at the four last year in GR3 and won 28 games. The fact that he attempted 100 threes means he obviously had a green light at Cornell.

The bigger concern is the 1 year thing and how that fits in with everything else.

It’s pretty clear that JB is simply planning for the unknowns that exist with the current roster. You have to think there are at least one of the current players not named Caris or Max that are seriously looking at moving on. And based on the targets UM is ‘talking’ too, you have to think the possible transfer(s) are frontcourt guys.

I guess my thought it is, especially from a transfer perspective…what’s the hold up? If there is a guy(or guys) looking at leaving, why haven’t they announced it yet?

It's pretty clear that JB is simply planning for the unknowns that exist with the current roster. You have to think there are at least one of the current players not named Caris or Max that are seriously looking at moving on. And based on the targets UM is 'talking' too, you have to think the possible transfer(s) are frontcourt guys.

I guess my thought it is, especially from a transfer perspective…what’s the hold up? If there is a guy(or guys) looking at leaving, why haven’t they announced it yet?

The timing thing is interesting. We’re two weeks past the end of the season, which is longer than we’ve waited for attrition in the past. Part of that could also be that the season ended earlier with no tournament, but still interesting.

When Evan, CB & Colton left it was announced on March 21st and the season ended on March 16th.

Horford’s transfer was announced on April 10th and the season ended March 30th.

Wrote this in the comments, but the fit for present/future balance is tricky.

The question here is how does everything fit together?

Michigan looking at a lot of frontcourt help. Obviously there’s Brown and Wagner – seemingly at the top of the pecking order, but how do you compare 1 year of Shonn Miller to a Mike Edwards or a Levi Cook?

I know you are thinking long term, but I think we’re at a crossroads as a program under JB. I think we need to put ourselves in a position to be as successful as possible next year and cross the other bridges at a later time. For a program that already struggles to land instant impact players, can’t afford to have another down year in my view.

RE: Kam Chatman

His instagram doesn’t look like a guy that is planning to transfer:
“Redemption Summer, operation come back better than ever! #foa #team100
https://instagram.com/p/03_KGNJRI0/?taken-by=kamjuicechatman3

I think Kam will benefit more than anyone from Camp Sanderson.

More mindset with Kam in my opinion. Donnal has been here 2 years…very little improvement in terms of agression and physicality. No doubt Sanderson can aid Kam though

More mindset with Kam in my opinion. Donnal has been here 2 years…very little improvement in terms of agression and physicality. No doubt Sanderson can aid Kam though

I think Sanderson does a lot of good but far too much credit is given to guys like Sanderson and Beilein and not enough to the players that actually put in the work. This is a game about the players not the coaches.

Be interesting to see if Kams physical issues are still a concern. Tendinitis in the knees is not conducive to a strenuous offseason conditioning program. Sure he can lift, but at times it was painful ( literally and figuratively ) to watch him try to elevate and move laterally this year. Certainly NOT a gifted athlete, but he has to have more explosion than he should. Doesn’t he?

FWIW Sam Webb believes Miller is simply a fallback option if we have attrition…Webb doesn’t expect any attrition.

UM had preliminary interest for a bit last year. Seems like a Shonn Miller type, great rebounder, not a great shooter from deep.

Will be in demand RT @TheMacIrvinFire: 6'7 Super Athletic Josh Cunningham will be transferring for Bradley.

— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) April 1, 2015

I would prefer to save the scholarships if we miss on Brown and Wagner and as long as no one besides Max leaves the program.

On a side note, I still like the offensive skills Donnal possess, I just wish JB would do more to get him involved in the offense like he did with Evan Smotrycz in the pick and pop; and I think it would have been nice to see him at the 4 with all the injuries we had last year to see if he could play like Smotrycz at the 4.