'14 MO F - Jordan Barnett

Wing – 6-foot-7, 180 pounds
St. Louis, MO (Christian Brothers College)
AAU: St. Louis Eagles
Class of 2014

ESPN/Rivals/Scout: 4-star Top 100

UM Hoops Recruiting Profile

A potential offer? 6’8. Barnett looks strong. Big enough to play our 4? Who want? Barnett, Chatman, Edwards?
I’ll take Chatman, Barnett, then Edwards…be pretty happy with any of them…
Who we gonna end up with ?

Visited on 6/7/13. Reaction here: http://www.umhoops.com/2013/06/09/2014-wing-jordan-barnett-impressed-by-michigan-visit/

Barnett has two things that you can’t teach size and jumping ability.

Interesting. He’s a great fit at the four. Putting some pressure on Chatman and Edwards or just simply widening our net? Looks like he has some skill to go with the high flying.

I’d prefer Chatman seeing as how he can create. Although you can’t teach the athletic ability that Barnett posseses.

Would like to see him get an offer sometime soon

Would like to see him get an offer sometime soon
Would have to be in July when Beilein has a chance to see him.

What is interesting…is that in the article… He believes he will be a shooting guard in college. I wonder if our coaches feel that way? 6’8 seems to fit our 4 spot…

This really solidifies the staff is going for a combo forward to replace GRIII. I honestly would probably be happy with any of the ones we’re pursuing (Looney, Barnett, Chatman, and Edwards).

Barnett has two things that you can't teach size and jumping ability.

Well, you can improve your vertical, and pretty significantly, if you really work at it.

I would love to see a class of Doyle, Barnett, and Booker for '14. If Barnett continues to work hard on his all around game, we could see a kind of rise in the rankings like Robinson or Irvin.

I think its time for Coach B to check this kid out. Ready for an offer? Maybe - - I’d rather him than Edwards…and just don’t think Looney is gonna happen.

I think its time for Coach B to check this kid out. Ready for an offer? Maybe - - I'd rather him than Edwards......and just don't think Looney is gonna happen.

Agreed on all counts.

Count me 100% in on the time to offer Barnett camp. I understand Beilein has to watch him play, but I think he should get an offer then or shortly thereafter. Any of the combo forwards currently being pursued I think could carve out playing time their first year in the system.

I think when coach B gets back…seeing this kid has got to be a big priority.

Will be VERY interesting to see if an offer goes out after JB watches him over the weekend.

Will get an offer in next couple days?.? I am guessing no. … That we are waiting to see if we can land Looney.

Maybe we all have this wrong. Article states…,L. Jordan sees him as a 2 guard. Maybe he is back up plan to Booker/ Bluiett?

Maybe we all have this wrong. Article states......,L. Jordan sees him as a 2 guard. Maybe he is back up plan to Booker/ Bluiett?

That part of the article stuck out to me as well. I definitely think Barnett can play the stretch four if needed, but if they’re recruiting him as a 2 then that puts a whole new flavor on things. Maybe they want him to play from the 2 through the 4.