Recruiting Notes

I really really like Greg but I wouldn’t offer unless 2 or 3 spots open up. One of those spots SHOULD be left open to pursue a Damion Lee, Rodney Pryor, Dylan Ennis type instant impact creator on the transfer market.

You know Beilein doesn’t vigorously get in that market, G.

Had a nice long talk with Dave and Isaiah after the game. Got a nice pic I figured you guys would like as well

1 Like

he better adjust/grow or risk serious deficits next year.

Caveats apply because I don’t think Ant Wright is very knowledgeable when it comes to scouting but just indicates that I’m not the only one that thinks Greg is extremely undervalued

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2017 - F - Isaiah Livers (Commit)

Bamba on ESPN right now.

Just received this text from Isaiah Livers on Greg Elliott/Michigan verbatim:

‘he has improved his game dramatically man. they need to make that move lol’

1 Like

Are Dave and Isaiah after Beilein about this?

1 Like

Another local scout with the same impressions about Greg as me…take a look at who retweeted it

Is there video of him posted somewhere? On this site?

Highlights of Greg I did about a month ago. If I could trade Eli for Greg I’d do it very, very quick

That video doesn’t convince me as the competition was very poor IMO and he doesn’t look better than Maar. While maar is fine, just not a big impact guy. He looks very thin as well. Nice and long with a bit of athleticism but I’m not sure he’s big ten material. He looks about 6’2? I’m too lazy to look right now but any power 5s looking at him and offered?

Comp level was the same Lima team that some here proclaim to be superior to Detroit area basketball (false) and defending Class C state champion Flint Beecher…who just beat UDJ. Comp level not great, but above average and certainly better than anything Eli Brooks has ever faced.

He averaged 10, 3, 3 in EYBL as a 4th option. That is insane

No offense, but a comparison to MAAR is almost nuts. He couldn’t shoot a lick in HS. Greg is an above average shooter from 3 and a very good midrange shooter.

He just picked up an offer from Marquette, and now has interest from MSU, Pitt, Texas

I look at Greg and see Edmund Sumner all over again…1 year to fill the frame out and it’s lights out

Marquette could be a nice spot, just not sold he can play in the big ten and be a good player. Who’d you take, Finke or Elliot?

Finke is a year younger and I think he’s better than Elliot right now.

I’d take Elliot all day. Regardless of who the better player is, Elliot’s play style fills a dire need while Finke is a mostly redundant add on. Who on our roster will create open looks for him?

Have you seen Tim play this year? There’s no way because you wouldn’t be saying that if you have.

This summer you’ll see a guy who is MUCH better than Elliot.

Having seen Tim in the summer in EYBL and UM camp, I’d take take Greg in a heartbeat, just much better in several different areas.

That said, I haven’t seen Tim since August, look forward to seeing him this Spring. Not putting much stock into Champaign HS ball