Mark Donnal listed as a junior on official roster

It’s news worthy because the same thing happened with Max last year, and it isn’t something that you just do randomly for no reason.

Transparency is a good thing.

1 Like

That it happened to Max last year seems irrelevant since UM could have still extended him a fifth year, as they still can Donnal. By the way, we still have a spot available for Max that is going unused, as you well know.

So it seems irrelevant to you, but not to us. Glad we could reach that conclusion.

Also same reclassification happened to McLimans and he didn’t get a 5th year. I consider it a reliable indicator

Although, it could change, and their is assumption on our part that it will follow the same pattern as was seen with Biefeldt, I think it is great that JB communicated to Donnal regarding his plans to not give him a 5th year of eligibility. (Assuming that is what is going on.) It gives Donnal plenty of room to plan his future. Additionally, it is good for recruiting. These kid’s we are recruiting are told lots of things by many not so squeaky clean coaches regarding who is coming and going. The recruits are trying to decipher truth from lies. Seeing things like Donnal’s class made public is reassuring to recruits. Helps shape expectations. I don’t know why a fan would not like to have info about our players and our coaching staffs intentions.