2017 - F - Jaren Jackson (Offer)

All things point to MSU.

Jaren to MSU

Well, frick

Poole told me quite some time ago that this was happening, and he informed the staff of the same. Hence my comment about moving on from unrealistic targets. This is what it was about, nothing to do with Jamal.

Any murmurs on how this affects Bowen? I know heā€™s been considered an MSU lean who is probably waiting on a Kentucky offer, just wondering if Jackson changes things.

Read between the lines on my Poole commentā€¦if heā€™s informed the staff on Jackson, what do you think that translates to for Bowen?

No offense to some people here, I understand the optimistic approach, but you guys would be well served to stop listening to some folks around here.

Iā€™m not talking about Bowen as an option for us; I was asking about him because Iā€™d rather MSU didnt get both Jackson and Bowen, and was wondering how likely it is that happens.

Oh ok. Yes, heā€™s waiting for a UK/Duke offer. Personally, I donā€™t think thatā€™s going to happen because he just isnā€™t that level of player in my opinion. I guess weā€™ll see how it plays out.

1 Like

Great. And weā€™ll have Livers guarding him? Yikes.

I feel the same way. I know development is certainly a positive attribute to have in our system, but there just isnā€™t enough development in the world to compensate for the drastic advantage MSU has over us in terms of raw talent and athleticism. Itā€™s going to be rough in 17 if Izzo can somehow convince his entire 16 class to stay.

Iā€™m not sure what is more likely: Bridges and Langford staying 4 years and going undrafted, or leaving after 1 year and becoming lottery picks. At Duke or UK, it would certainly be the former. At MSU, who knows?

3 Likes