Zavier Simpson suspended for Tuesday's game at Nebraska

Absolutely no clue who the on floor leader will be tomorrow night under the probable assumption Livers is also out. This might get ugly.

1 Like

According to the Athletic this is in response to some sort of traffic violation. Here’s to hoping it it not too serious

2 Likes

You don’t get suspended for a speeding ticket. But you do get suspended for being rude and arrogant to the officer, or some other such thing.

This sucks, regardless of Livers injury status I’d be surprised if If UofM won a game while Simpson is suspended.

The actual quote was “traffic incident” if it makes a difference. Makes me worried that this is something that will last longer than one game.

That reads to me like drunk driving.

That was the only “traffic incident” to me that would be suspension worthy off the top of my head. But wouldn’t there be public record of an arrest if that were the case?

From what I was reading on certain message boards, it wouldn’t be surprising if a public record popped up today or tomorrow.

Where are you reading that?

Bajema >> Nunez

6 Likes

Nunez for 5+ min is frightening!

1 Like

The last suspension I recall…sounds pretty similar to me.

Not the last suspension that I can remember.

1 Like

Hoping that’s not it but yea this doesn’t sound good.

Yea, I missed that, but the coach speak is very similar for Manny’s situation. Just pointing out that Juwan is following the company line here. Still not bad for a 10 year run. The team has been very compliant and for the most part I can understand being frustrated. I’m quite sure expectations were high inside that locker room. They only lost a handful of games in the last two years.

I don’t think that the two situations are similar. Manny’s was a practice incident, this does not sound like it is a practice incident.

1 Like

Agreed, they are not as far as I can tell. Hoping for a positive outcome.

Of course it is all speculation, but judging from the timing, I will not be surprised if frustration leading to some actions detrimental to team rules has to do with it. Being that this is Z’s team, I am sure fingers will be pointing in every direction from Z or other team members behind each other’s backs. Badmouthing escalating to possible physical altercations can be another reason for this. We have seen in past difficult times, team leaders call player’s only meetings to clear the air. This does not appear to have happened, or at least there is no such word. Perhaps the lack of such action coupled with frustration might have led to actions that resulted in Z’s suspension.

Its been reported that its from a traffic incident

4 Likes

Yeah, X was suspended because they didn’t have a players only meeting :roll_eyes:
You jumped to a lot of conclusions without any information. Best not to speculate

4 Likes