Worst moments under Beilein

So we don’t get too happy with the other thread:

Evan Turner’s half court shot in the Big Ten Tournament.
Ben Brust’s half court shot in Madison to send that game to OT.
Josh Gasser’s buzzer beater bank shot to crush Michigan’s hope at a quality win.
Northwestern coming back to win in double OT in 14/15.
Michigan unable to seal the game at home vs Indiana to win a share of the Big Ten title in 12/13. Missed free throws and a missed layup at the end.
The loss to N.J.I.T.

Mark Donnal missed layups
Caris LeVert injuries
Max Bielfeldt winning B1G sixth man of the year
Loss to eastern michigan
end of game vs louisville

Any inbounds play over the past 2-3 years lol

4 Likes

Back to back drubbings at home against Indiana and MSU this year.

His handling of Caris’ injury this year has to be up there as well. Also threw players under the bus on a few occasions this year.

2 Likes

I don’t know what happened with teams, but it seemed like everybody was struggling with them in the tournament this year.

Darius Morris last minute runner rims out in the tourney against Duke

J-Mo’s missed tip in at the buzzer against Indiana that would’ve won the Big Ten title

2 Likes

You gonna make an appearance in the other thread??

:slight_smile:

Can you elaborate on the handling of the injury? Based on everything I read, Caris and his family didn’t want to make the specific diagnosis public. And the medical staff really did think it would heal on its own and that he could play when he was pain-free. Is that not accurate?

I think everyone can agree, it would’ve been best handled by JB simply saying ‘Caris is out indefinitely’ and just shut down any talks of injury. Instead we weathered weeks of ‘he’s close’, ‘we’ll put him through a full practice’, ‘strop projecting’…just wasn’t a very good look IMO.

3 Likes

NJIT/EMU double whammy of shame
Battle/Langford
Getting absolutely run out of the gym at Arizona and SMU without a fight
Every game at Assembly Hall
Suspension of Manny Harris prior to Purdue game
1st half of 2013 game at OSU
Indiana’s 28-0 run in Ann Arbor
1st round exit vs Ohio
Inbounds plays vs Villanova
Burke’s block on Siva (this one wasn’t JB’s fault)
The buzzer beaterz