What to watch for: 2019 Battle 4 Atlantis

I know it’s kinda just the thing to do and pile on the lions but they’ve drafted around average the past 4 years or so and it’s difficult to mess up a top 5 pick.

It is? I could be wrong, and maybe I’m out of touch with the NFL, but it’s because the Lions made me this way by messing up top-5 picks plenty of times, and doing it in so many different ways.

1 Like

Interesting; “matchup predictor” only gives U-M a 33% chance to beat Iowa St. Was ISU predicted to be that much better than Michigan? I haven’t heard any line for this game yet.

Since Quinn came in their first round picks have been pretty solid and they haven’t picked in the top five i don’t think. Also sorry guys I don’t want to muddy up this thread talking about that pitiful team any more so I’ll be done

Weird. Ken Pom Line is UM -2. I would imagine that’s what the vegas line will be as well.

That sounds more reasonable to me, although being a steep underdog would give Zavier some nice ammo.

Saw BQ tweeted that Iowa State fans are expected to travel well to this event. Don’t love that in a pick’em type environment. I’m assuming each program will have a decent backing though, so we need to get ahead early and “win the crowd”

The Atlantis ballroom is bigger than Lahaina and thus I would guess it’d be harder to get a real intimidating type crowd that would be enough to give any team an advantage.

From what I remember, Michigan had a pretty dreadful crowd at Atlantis last time around. The crowd at Maui was much better overall. Of course, there are fewer seats to fill in Maui so most schools fill their quota I’d say.

I hit the jackpot this year on timing. My wife and I welcomed a baby girl into our family over the weekend, so I’m on paternity leave this week just in time for this tournament.

16 Likes

Congrats! Enjoy watching college hoops live while you can :woozy_face:

For clarity’s sake, BQ didn’t tweet it, our friend @goblue8 added it as commentary while sharing BQ’s tweet regarding the Dayton fan turnout in Maui.

Congratulations! Go Blue!!! Or pink? Well, anyway, congrats!

My kids are 48, 45, and 37. My youngest granddaughter is 8. Enjoy every moment. The time will fly by faster than you can imagine! :heartbeat::heartbeat:

2 Likes

IMO not to be negative but a 70% Wagner will be better than what we’ve gotten from Mr Nunez thus far.
Sparty loses to Va Tech in first round of Maui. Winston not playing like a Nat’l POY so far.

Our kids are 50 48 and 44. Grand kids 22,21,19 and 19. Our oldest grand daughter expecting our first great grand child in January.

2 Likes

My kids are 11 and 6. I’M FRIGGIN EXHAUSTED.

7 Likes

Congrats! My wife and I just welcomed our first four months ago. He’s amazing. Hopefully yours likes to sleep through the night like mine.

2 Likes