What to watch for: 2019 Battle 4 Atlantis

2 Likes

It’s been fun watching Michigan play already this season, but I borderline giddy to see Michigan play some legit opponents and possibly have Wagner on the court.

3 Likes

I’m so excited. This will be a fantastic way to spend Thanksgiving week, although I’m not sure I can convince my wife’s family to watch college basketball over NFL on Thanksgiving day. Thank goodness for streaming TV

6 Likes

What kind of family is worth visiting if they prioritize the NFL over college hoops? Now if the turkey is smoked or deep fried, that’s a possible exemption…

2 Likes

Yeah I’m nervous about that set up too. I’d rather watch Michigan hoops than the Lions but I know there will be people at the family gathering that will not have the same priorities. I need to plan accordingly (obviously all dependent on Michigan winning against Iowa state first though - if they lose I can convince them to watch Michigan over the Cowboys)

1 Like

Haha yeah. They are from Texas, so it’s a bit of a different world down here. My father-in-law is a Duke fan though, which isn’t ideal, but at least he likes basketball!

2 Likes

I am the patriarch, so I pretty much get to watch whatever I want, and I am thankful for that! Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all, GO BLUE!!!

7 Likes

I’ll be at the Lions game during a theoretical Michigan-UNC game, ugh. Still not sure what my approach will be. I think I’ll probably just accept getting spoiled, try to stream some of the game while in Ford Field and then rewatch the whole game Friday morning.

Interesting approach. I may copy it, even if that takes a few decades.

1 Like

My wife will not be getting to watch her Bears game on Thanksgiving. Not that she’ll care. She probably will prefer Michigan hoops over a pointless Bears vs Lions game anyway.

If anyone else in my family tries to overrule and put NFL on over Michigan hoops, they will be challenged to a steel cage match and they will be defeated in demoralizing fashion.

2 Likes

I didn’t see anything on the Future Schedules page but has anyone read what holiday tournament Michigan will be playing in next year?

Empire Classic in NYC. The event that Duke just won last week.

2 Likes

Awesome. Thank you.

Villanova, NC State, and Baylor will also be there. Good group.

5 Likes

Is a full year enough time for NYC to get the Duke stench out of the arena?

1 Like

You may call that game pointless but it’s likely the Lions could move into the top five of the draft with a loss haha

1 Like

The only thing that I know of that overwhelms the inherent New York smell…

1 Like

Does it matter where they pick? They’ve been picking in the top of the draft for 450 years now. Still doesn’t matter.

No. It doesn’t matter.

1 Like

I really can’t believe I’m going to miss most of this, called in early on wed. Hopefully it’s a win. For some reason I hate missing losses. Like me screaming at the screen could alter it.