Game 5: Michigan vs. Iowa State Preview

Im sorry if this is over kill but, what are your presumptions about Franz playing tomorrow??

IMO 100% yes but Iā€™m biased. GO BLUE!

Do we have any sense of Haliburtonā€™s shooting numbers in off-the-dribble vs. catch-and-shoot situations? Perhaps his increased ball-handling this year explains the drop-off in shooting percentages. Seems like Michigan should make him prove he can shoot it before they change out of drop coverage.

Dylan if you had to guess (and assuming we still start Simpson-Brooks-Nunez), how do you see the matchups going for our 3 guards against their 3 guardsā€¦ do you think Simpson will get first crack at Haliburton?

Iā€™m good with either Simpson or Eli on Haliburton. Both will be giving up plenty of height but should be fine as long as they stay in front of him.

If Nunez gets switched onto Haliburtonā€¦ Yikes

3 Likes

Itā€™s kind of the same idea people have had with Simpson in the past. I donā€™t think the ā€œleave him alone and let him shoot open threesā€ is the right approach in this scenario, but the drop coverage might work great especially if it forces Haliburton into long twos when he hasnā€™t really shown them as part of his game.

Will this game be on Sirius Xm? Iā€™m going to be in a car tomorrow.

And all this time I thought you had a TV and a driver in that car! :wink:

1 Like

Iowa st is a solid team but if we play a good game we will win. They have the talent to beat Michigan If Michigan plays poorly but I donā€™t think they can beat us if we play close to our ceiling or even a B effort.

Hopefully we show up because if we donā€™t they definitely will win.

Iā€™ve never heard of Bad Boy Mowers but Iā€™m hoping somehow Isiah, Lambs, Mahorn, etc. are involved with them.:grinning:

1 Like

Michiganā€™s Zavier Simpson was headed to Iowa State until a ā€˜situation happenedā€™

If NuƱez isnā€™t hitting threes, he probably wonā€™t get much run in this game.

2 Likes

still puzzled why Prohm was never in contention for M coaching search

My hopes that ā€œthe light will go onā€ for the young man are fading a bit, but you just never know with college players. Great shooting stroke, just ainā€™t finding the bottom of the net.

Sounds like Franz is a game-time decision. Excited to get him integrated into the rotation.

No dunking for a month. Layups only.

Crapā€¦ is he calling the game?

3 Likes

Would make sense since the Bilas crew and the Walton crew are in Maui.