Video: Watch Michigan's exhibition win over Madrid Generals

For those of you who need more than just the highlights :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dylan, you are a maestro.

Best $4/month I spend.

7 Likes

Thanks @ZRL… Means a lot! Glad everything came together for this game.

Spread the word to the Michigan basketball fans out there who would rather watch an exhibition game than read Shea Patterson tidbits :wink: (Or at least care about both)

2 Likes

I am addicted to both, Dylan

4 Likes

I could care less about football, basketball all day

3 Likes

I love basketball, Michigan Basketball, it’s my first love and passion, but I love me some Michigan Football, too. Go Blue!

Iggy’s defense… :frowning:

1 Like

Was it that bad?

I just watched the first 10 minutes of the game… I answered my own question. WOOF

Haven’t watched yet, but I am setting expectations for first game frosh player very low regardless. Just expect a rocky november/december and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Not just Iggy, most of the freshmen (and sophomores) had moments were they were lost on defense.

Here’s the thing, yes there is a huge learning curve for the freshman, but as lost as Iggy looked in this game, and he did look lost at times, he WILL figure it out. He is too talented and has enough athletic ability that he can and will figure it out. And Yaklich. Plus, his offense is going to be really good. If he wants to play significant minutes he’ll have to figure it out on defense. :slightly_smiling_face:

Not singling out Iggy, or anyone. Really, that’s what this trip is for. They can get these growing pains out in 10 practices and 3 exhibitions and be far ahead of a normal freshman at the start of practice. Clear that everyone has a lot to learn though.

1 Like

100% agree. I just had time to watch the first 15 mins or so. Iggy’s D stood out. He got yanked because three posesions in a row he was out of place or let his man blow by. That’s what the trip is for-learning

2 Likes

Iggy and defense? No relation. Gonna be a big time struggle for him. His limitations on that end are not new.

Rough one for sure. Matthews must have had six turnovers. Austin Davis was a full grown man down there! Really amazed that Simpson didn’t score. Thanks for getting the full game video! I won’t bother asking how.

3 Likes

Yeah, I know it’s way too early to say anything definitive, but the fact that two of them were travels… I just hope that gets worked on x10 before the season.

1 Like

I am not worried to much about Matthews other than trying to do to much or play hero. JB seems to have his ear when adjustments need to be made.

1 Like