Video: Tom Izzo, Joey Hauser recap loss at Michigan

2 Likes
  1. I have no idea why he was so bothered by this, but he will forever be “AAU Coach Izzo” to me from now on.

2. Why was he positioned with the camera pointing at the locker room with his players changing?

4 Likes

I thought Izzo drew up some good plays for Henry. And he clearly knew to call a zone beater to get Henry in the paint out of timeouts.

Love that he says the Henry flagrant was a big call because it put Henry on the bench. Sir, you put him on the bench. You can control that if you choose.

6 Likes

One of Tom’s cardinal rules is that he’s never responsible for any bad luck that he suffers. Things are done to Tom Izzo. For a man who has had such undoubted success, he is one incredible martyr.

19 Likes

That is the absolute perfect description of Izzo

2 Likes

Was hoping for some more Fran-like conduct from Izzo but maybe we’ll get it Sunday

“A lot of hook and holds.” I’m pretty sure there was 1 single hook and hold and it was the right call.

3 Likes

It will be an ugly game Sunday. Pray no one gets injured and be prepared for the ugliness.

8 Likes

This was a fun watch.

1 Like

Izzo’s presser did not disappoint. Pure gold

4 Likes

He’s so sad and mopey. Just a beautiful sight

1 Like

This was a classic. Some of those beat writers for MSU are such slappies.

4 Likes

Given that we blew out MSU and won the big ten championship outright, the game itself was kind of a dud to watch. But that Izzo presser was a thing of beauty. Had to watch that AAU exchange three times.

1 Like

Izzo bemoaning the “lack of flow” is so rich. Like he doesn’t know he’s road atrocious, lacking-in-flow basketball back to the bubble conversation.

3 Likes

The amount of sycophancy was mind boggling.

Coached his team to play dirty b/c they can’t do anything else and it comes back to bite him. And now he cries about it. And Henry definitely moved his elbow to hit Wagner. Not incidental at all.

1 Like

Just watched it. Yeah, well, Izzo is an *sshole who coaches his players to play dirty. So this presser was exactly what I expected. OTOH, I am still shocked that Fran McCaffery is such a whiner.

I never got a dirty vibe from MSU basketball. There’s a lot of tough guy posing and occasional cheap shots by guys like Costello but it’s not like Dantonio’s football program where you could feel a real hatred coming off them where it looked like they really wanted to hurt Michigan’s players.

2 Likes