The most important things Juwan Howard said with the Sklar Brothers

Interesting that Juwan discussed Franz Wagner… not really sure if he’s supposed to but the information is there.

Knowing Michigan basketball’s luck, he’ll get injured playing soccer and never make it to AA :slight_smile:

If he signed paperwork which was indicated last week, wouldn’t it possible for a coach to talk about him without it being an infraction?

1 Like

Lol I always get nervous when he is asked recruiting questions in interviews because I don’t know how familiar he is with all of the extensive NCAA rules.

2 Likes

If he’s signed some sort of scholarship papers, it would not be a violation AFAIK. I know that Webb reported those might be signed, I haven’t been able to confirm that either way. Quinn reported the opposite:

https://twitter.com/BFQuinn/status/1146159652830359552

1 Like

I’m not sure what low post ability Teske possesses, but it’s inevitable that we are going to utilize the post more during Juwan’s tenure. It’s his area of expertise.

Interested to see how we target big men skills going forward.

For a clinic on low post scoring, check out the four games Juwan had during the 1994 NCAA tournament.

Great insight on Howard discussing Wagner. My very first thought was whether that was a violation or if there was some special international or late signing rules.

Not speaking directly about an unsigned recruit seems like one of the most basic rules to grasp for a new coach, so I have to think you’re right Dylan that some sort of agreement is in place at least on the financial side.

1 Like

The problem is that he says it might be a violation afterwards :rofl:

3 Likes

If it is a violation, what is the penalty to the program?

IF it was a violation, it would be a self reported secondary violation. Would not be a big deal.

1 Like

In addition to Webb’s report, I have been told Michigan has the paperwork by multiple sources. I don’t know who Brendan’s source is, and maybe he’s correct, but it’s clearly contrary to what I have heard.

4 Likes

I’ll shoot my shot here: With all the momentum and speculation, I think Michigan has the paperwork and Juwan jumped the gun. Maybe tried to cover his steps with the violation thing because he wants to let Franz make his own announcement. Wishful thinking, sure, but makes sense.

3 Likes

After Howard mentioned Bajema in his first press conference (wrongly stating he had yet to sign), it would be pretty shocking if he hadn’t been strongly hammered with the rules of what you can and cannot say publicly. The version your repeating makes much more sense than that Howard is obliviously committing minor violations.

3 Likes

Juwan is trying hard to please everybody for now. He is cordial and giving right now. Hasn’t developed his poker face yet.

1 Like

Financial Aid Agreement =/= test submissions

Relax. My bet is that Franz has signed financial aid paper and has already silently committed.

3 Likes

I’ve been agreeing much too often with Kenny lately but I think he’s right on with this especially with Saddi and Phil there, things certainly should be in order. Ward Manual would not allow slip ups here.

1 Like

I agree with Kenny and I agree with you, bobohle.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Michigan players listed on Moneyball rosters