The improbability of Austin Davis' fifth year

2 Likes

This is great tj see hard work rewarded. Davis has been playing his tail off and has helped us. Doing the numbers it becomes very clear that in order to accommodate this monster recruiting class…one or two of a few things is going to happen:

1. Livers goes pro.
  2. One of Nunez or Brooks transfers.
  3. Castleton or Johns transfers.

I dont wish for any of these things but with a 6 man class and 9 projected to return for next year
…a couple of things will have to happen. Davis getting a 5th year and claiming his spot at least projecting to is going to tighten things up elsewhere. These are good problems to have but nevertheless will have to be sorted out. I think Bajema makes a jump and is versatile enough to not be a guy we would allow to consider the portal. Thoughts?

1 Like

Not really up to them entirely.

2 Likes

I hate to speculate about specific players transferring (because I believe-in and like all of our players) so I won’t speculate but I will say that a transfer is maybe an appealing option to the players who have a lot of upside but need more time to work on their physicality. I think there are a couple of guys who might benefit from having an extra year. Not sure how they feel about it but my hope is that everything works out for all our players who are going to be most directly effected by the inevitable shake-up.

Also, I am happy for Davis. I think we will need him.

4 Likes

I’d say there’s also a non-zero chance that Franz goes pro.

1 Like

FabFive4ever: Of the five players you listed, there is one player on that list who has not had a single good game this season, or has even one positive statistic category(offense or defense) or who has even a snowball chance of H, getting off the bench next year with all the recruits coming in. I think that will be your roster opening.

1 Like

Isn’t Brooks a senior next year? I just can’t imagine him transferring, especially with as well as he has played at times this year, and as integral he has been to the success of the team. He’s improved every season, and made a big leap this season. I would think he’s likely to continue to improve. I hope he’s back!

4 Likes

Totally agree and I know who you are talking about.

1 Like

He will be starting. People who say he won’t even play that much/not starting are high as balls. I do not want what they are smoking.

2 Likes

I think that Austin Davis will start next year.He is an excellent in the box offensive minded center.