Thats all for this year

Overall this season, we saw a lot of progression everywhere. Players like Spike, Kam, Muhammad, Aubrey, Ricky, and Max showed that they have what it takes. Next year we will be in good shape to do damage, especially if Caris returns, what is next for this team? Any key dates to look forward to?

Also, love the way Zak went out. The kid can play and has a bright future!

im very angry still. i know it was a stretch, but I thought we had a potential big ten tourney run in on us. after watching that game, I KNOW we had one in us and let it slip through our fingers.

Zak’s improvement off the bounce has been impressive. Not only the ability to create a quality look for himself, but the ability to make others better of PnR. If Caris comes back, we will be pretty good next year assuming the rest of the roster makes reasonable improvement. Still need a creator for 16 in the worst way.

zak played a great game, just that one pass he tried to squeak into doyle was a mistake near the end. besides that he was a beast. i thought for sure hed hit that corner three too when it was tied. looked like he didn’t gather it right and was off balance.

Any chance of a NIT tournament bid? Most of what I read suggests that the season is over, but I was wondering what it would have taken for us to make the NIT.

If you would ask me, comparing Zak’s last five games, and Caris’ season, Zak would be a much better all around player, by a wide margin. It’s impressive what he has accomplished late this season.

Really excited for next year. But, just like last year, I’m worried about our 5 position.

Any chance of a NIT tournament bid? Most of what I read suggests that the season is over, but I was wondering what it would have taken for us to make the NIT.

If you would ask me, comparing Zak’s last five games, and Caris’ season, Zak would be a much better all around player, by a wide margin. It’s impressive what he has accomplished late this season.

Really excited for next year. But, just like last year, I’m worried about our 5 position.

Certainly wouldn’t go that far. Caris is still a better player in my opinion, he just has better change of direction, and is just as good, if not better, in catch and shoot situations. That being said, Zak’s improvement certainly bodes well for next year. Irvin, with his current game, at the #3 option, is going to set up very nicely next year.

im very angry still. i know it was a stretch, but I thought we had a potential big ten tourney run in on us. after watching that game, I KNOW we had one in us and let it slip through our fingers.

I know what your feeling. Not grabbing the loose balls there towards the end was killer. If you make things harder than it should be, thats when you come up short.

The game was there to be had.

we couldn’t afford it against wisconsin. plus a few turnovers late and thats the game. we really had the chance to take that game.

Something that surprised me today is how much it seemed like a pure away game for us, and a home game for Wisconsin. No matter how much the few of us yelled, there was no way to silence this wisconsin crowd. Many times Beilein called a timeout for that reason it seems, but right after the timeout, it all started again.

I don’t get it, aren’t Michigan fans supposed to be one of the most devoted fan club nationally? Where was everyone?

Spike had a brilliant first half, but 2 subsequent plays at roughly the 5minute mark of the second half really killed us. Poor post entry pass with too much air under it for a TO, then he fails to rotate over on Kaminsky for a ball that could’ve been easily stolen, instead he hits an uncontested layup. Prior to those 2 plays we were tied 54 all

I may be mistaken, but on the poor entry pass, Beilfeldt had established position over a much shorter Gasser (who had recently switched on to him), only to move to set a screen right as Spike was passing him the ball. But yes, two very unfortunate plays in a row for Spike

Something that surprised me today is how much it seemed like a pure away game for us, and a home game for Wisconsin. No matter how much the few of us yelled, there was no way to silence this wisconsin crowd. Many times Beilein called a timeout for that reason it seems, but right after the timeout, it all started again.

I don’t get it, aren’t Michigan fans supposed to be one of the most devoted fan club nationally? Where was everyone?

Unfortunately, fans are fickle, regardless of the fanbase. We lost too many should have been win games. People reach a breaking point and pass on making the trip. If we were in line for a tournament bid like everyone expected, more people would have been there.

After everyone committed to coming back, Wisconsin has been like a rockband on its last tour. Everyone knew they were going to be good so they come out in full force.

I don’t think the football struggles helped. People want something to hang their hat on and then our basketball team started to struggle. Top that off, two of our better guys get hurt and people lose interest.

Hard to expect a B1G tournament run facing Wisconsin in the second game. They are just a bad matchup for us.

Its also tough to know right now how good this team will be next year. I certainly expect a tournament team, but I don’t know if they will be good enough to compete for conference championship or get to the second weekend of the dance until we see how the roster shakes out.

I may be mistaken, but on the poor entry pass, Beilfeldt had established position over a much shorter Gasser (who had recently switched on to him), only to move to set a screen right as Spike was passing him the ball. But yes, two very unfortunate plays in a row for Spike

Thanks for this info. I was streaming the game at the office and the quality wasn’t the greatest

I definitely think that play was on Max. He has got to be more aware. He had two bad plays in a row that I think were worse than Spike. A badly forced shot in the post and that play.

Sadly, this is must see TV: ESPNU at 8:30, Sunday night. NIT selection show.

I think you guys have it wrong regarding the traveling. Wisconsin knew they would be playing this Friday 11 AM game for months. It was much easier for that fanbase to plan for this game than it was Michigan’s. Michigan was as well represented as other teams Thursday. Even the Illinois game was probably 55% to 45% which is impressive considering the venue.

I think you guys have it wrong regarding the traveling. Wisconsin knew they would be playing this Friday 11 AM game for months. It was much easier for that fanbase to plan for this game than it was Michigan's. Michigan was as well represented as other teams Thursday. Even the Illinois game was probably 55% to 45% which is impressive considering the venue.

True I didn’t consider that angle. But in general, when you go all in on a season like Wisconsin did this year, their fans are going to be there to see it.

Our fans simply travel MUCH better for football. Against Bama in Dallas, it was roughly60/40 in favor of Bama despite distance clearly favoring Bama by a wide margin. Ive been to road games at PSU, MSU, OSU, Notre Dame…we always have a decent showing football. I remember going to Cameron Indoor at Duke last year…maybe 100-200 UM fans.

We are a football school, always have been, always wil. That will never change