Texas beats UNC

Beilein did in 2014 and won the conference by 3 games.

4 Likes

Convenient that you forgot about 2014.

Lol mpbear getting #rekt in this thread. Love it.

1 Like

Notice I said ā€œturns his team into a contenderā€. Texas was on no oneā€™s radar preseason this year. Michigan was ranked 7th to start 2013.

Still, a great coaching job by JB that year. Was nice to have his one great recruiting class still around.

Wrecked? The JB apologists will search for anything to bury their collective heads in the sand about the program.

Hail argued with me all December about where this team was headedā€¦ Right to the bubble like I said. He better have that $20 ready for Dylan.

After the McGary injury in 2014, there was a lot of people (even me) worrying about making the NCAA Tournament. I think Michigan as 8-4 in OOC with a loss to Charlotte. Beilein took that team to 15-3 in the Big Ten and they became a contender after looking like a bubble team.

1 Like

Right on. That was an all around great job by him.

LOL. Back in December before Caris LeVert rolled his ankle when you were saying Louisiana Tech and UT-Arlington were better teams than Michigan?

That was a pretty bad take, man. We all have them, just own yours.

Yup, so I donā€™t get your ā€œbeing a Michigan fan, I didnā€™t know that was possibleā€ comment. :smile_cat:

That was more tongue and cheek from all the excuses Iā€™ve heard this year why we are a bubble team.

Not only is Texas safely in the dance, they have real potential to make some noise.

Sure, but OSU is still behind Michigan in tournament resume.

You defended the tongue in cheek comment when I called you out on it, so itā€™s not my fault it appears as if you actually believed it.

If someone would have told me that LeVert would miss 16 of 18 Big Ten games, I would have agreed this team was headed to the bubble. Congrats on predicting his injury. Is it a testament to Beilein exceeding your expectations that Michigan is still in a position this deep into the season where you could lose the bet even?

This team was headed to the bubble with or without levert in my eyes. Iā€™ve made that clear.

Which is laughable. You and your brother are the only one that will agree with that. Even someone that tends to err on the side of caution like MattD agrees that Michigan would be much more comfortable with regards to being in the tournament if LeVert was not hurt.

Cute bond you and your brother have, though.

3 Likes

So mp is getting recked but when somebody wrote off Wisconsin back in November/December nobody will bring that up?

Wisconsin is doing better than I anticipated, especially considering their OOC struggles.

I never would have said something as stupid as ā€œLouisiana Tech is better than Wisconsinā€, though, no matter how much I canā€™t stand the Badgers. Meanwhile, Michigan fans are on a Michigan forum saying that crap. Of course they are going to be called out when it looks silly.

Honest question, are you another relative of the mpbear/prattd family? In my entire time on the forums, I donā€™t recall any of you three ever disagreeing with each other and all having pretty similar takes. Coincidence or relation?

1 Like

No clue who he is. We just have a different take on things than you. Just because we see things in the same way doesnā€™t mean we have to be related.

I disagree with my brother on a ton of stuff. Even stuff he says on here I just donā€™t comment on it.

But hey nice bond you have with the head in the sand people.

1 Like

Why donā€™t you comment on things he says here that you disagree with?

Because you guys get into a war over it. No need for me to chime in.

Iā€™ve already said he hates JBs offense I do not. I love all the actions they run